Here we will document Site, Community Discord, and Game Server rules, it is important to note that these rules are subject to change and amendment. Server Staff have the final say on rule-related topics and discussions, arguing about a ruling given by a staff member in an inappropriate fashion is a breach of the rules. You are expected to have read the Site Rules, playing in the community without reading the rules is, once again, a breach of the rules. All examples are a guide but do not necessarily outline every example of every situation.
Access to the server is for all intents and purposes; a privilege, the staff team reserve the right to remove your access at any point if it is deemed necessary.
Rule 1: Player and Staff Respect
Neither the forums nor the servers are a place for religious, political, or otherwise sensitive off-topic discussions. Remember that we are a community of all races, religion, nationalities, etc.
If a member asks you to stop, you must stop. This includes anything from OOC to role playing in a manner that makes other users feel uncomfortable.
Any role play that is deemed "extreme" is not allowed, this includes (but is not limited to) Rape, Slave, Terrorist, Homophobic and Racist role play.
NO ERP (Erotic Role Play) WILL BE TOLERATED BY MINORS OR PERFORMED WITH MINORS!!
Do not argue with any staff member regarding their judgment in-game. If you have a complaint, you must seek and ensure this information is provided in an informative and tactful manner.
Do not Spam in-game chat, spam the forums or spam the discord, this also includes malicious, hurtful, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate web links, images, or videos.
Disrespect of any staff level will be treated the same.
Rule 2: Account Responsibility & Player Names
The owner of the account is responsible for the actions of others who have access to your account.
Any access to your account is deemed accountable to you and will be dealt with as such.
- Usage of racist or offensive names
- Advertise anything (including streaming accounts) in your name
- No Chinese, Russian, special, or otherwise foreign characters in the name.
Access to an account without consent is a different matter entirely if you can provide proof that your account has been compromised and used in an abusive manner, the staff team will endeavor to support you in a manner that is deemed fit.
Rule 3: Random Deathmatch & Vehicle Deathmatch
It is forbidden for other players to kill each other with little to no role play. This includes the use of vehicles.
Before a player can kill another player, all players must be engaged in role play.
- Immediately punch, shoot, maim, kill, or otherwise injuring another player/police/EMS without in-character interaction.
- Running over, clipping, or slamming your vehicle into a player(s) without any justification or in-character interaction. Ramming of other vehicles, within role play, is allowed.
Rule 4: Realistic Behavior
All players shall conduct themselves in a realistic manner. Despite game mechanics, it is the player's responsibility to act "realistic." If struck by a moving vehicle at a high rate of speed, you are not, in real life, going to get up and run around.
- Continue driving after your vehicle has collided with a light pole, building, or other hard structure/item after going approx. 40 MPH and up.
- Immediately jump up and start shooting or fighting when EMS revives your player.
- While handcuffed, jump into the driver seat of a vehicle and drive away. Other players may assist with breaking you out of police custody and you may even run while handcuffed but you cannot jump fences, walls, punch, or pull out firearms.
- If tazed more than two times while running from an officer, you must stop running.
Rule 5: Meta-Gaming
Players, including officers & EMS, are not allowed to use a player's ID number to find another player behind buildings, inside vehicles with tinted windows, "recognize" or otherwise notice an individual.
- Abuse a player’s stream to gain an advantage or otherwise track a player down.
- Use a player's name/player ID # when reporting them to police during in-game interactions UNLESS your character is aware of the individual's name.
- Use of real-life knowledge against another player that your in-game player does not know.
- Refer to players by their player ID #
- Using ANY out of game communication software unless otherwise authorised/Use of Government Teamspeak for EMS & SASP.
Rule 6: Powergaming
Our definition of power-gaming is the abuse of in-game mechanics to give you an unrealistic advantage that benefits the player(s).
- Constantly spam the bank in order to gain a monetary advantage. (see bank rule)
- Pull a long gun (rifle/shotgun) from your clothing if wearing "regular" (shirt & jeans) clothes or no clothes at all. Players may exit a vehicle and scroll to their long gun. If on foot or nowhere near a vehicle, this is not allowed.
- Use small arms (pistols) to take down larger vehicles such as the helicopters and armored SWAT vehicles.
- Taze a player through any rolled up window/windshield/back window of a vehicle or through windows of a building.
- Stealing NPC Cop or EMS vehicles.
- Sharing cash between your characters.
- Abusing any form of game mechanic. (This includes staying clocked into a job and not performing the job. Taxi, reporter,tow etc...)
- Any abuse of the police armory (selling items, giving items away, etc...)
- Any abuse of the breaching system on player houses.
- Robing / kidnapping emergency personnel and taking their equipment
Rule 7: Cop-baiting
It is forbidden for players to bait officers. If an officer is busy with a crime scene such as a bank robbery or a murder or they are engaged in role play, be sure to let them finish.
- Rubberneck and stop in the middle of the road just to do burnouts, honk your horn, or do other things that would be considered annoying while an officer is on a traffic stop or speaking with another player.
- Intentionally interfere with normal role play to cause trouble for the police. This would include officers dealing with a bank robbery, pursuit, or other incidents and players continue to get in the way or cause issues just so that they can get attention from the police.
- Intentionally hit, ram, shoot, or otherwise act inappropriately toward police personnel without engaging in proper role play.
The crowding at the scene of a bank robbery will be considered cop-baiting and players who turn up to a Bank after a robbery is in progress and cause problems for officers will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Rule 8: FailRP
This is when a player, fails to role play in a suitable matter. This also includes failure to use a microphone.
- Punch, shoot, taze, or steal a car while handcuffed.
- Call for police or request cover as an officer if your phone/radio has been taken.
- Pull out a gun after someone has said or used a /me command to "take away" your weapons.
- Go to locations that you would otherwise have a difficult time entering, such as behind the Sheriff’s Office or Military Bases
- Waiting at pillbox to break friends out of emergency personnel custody or "camping" the hospital
- Partaking in illogical or otherwise unrealistic activities, such as storming the Sheriff’s Office and holding Officer’s at gunpoint demanding that an individual is released.
- Drive in a continually unsafe/unrealistic manner/like "GTA Online"
- Playing as a character that is under the age of 18. (This could also fall under power gaming)
Rule 9: Bank Robbery Rules
Do not rob the bank within 60 mins of the server restarting. (if unsure of when the restart was use /help in game)
Do not rob the bank with less than 60 minutes left to restart. (if unsure when the next restart is use /help in game)
Rule 10: Use of Chat
- No OOC on Twitter
- Don't argue in OOC chat.
Rule 11: Combat Logging
Combat logging is forbidden. Do not do it under any circumstance.
- Log off when killed
- Log off when being put into prison
- Log off to avoid being killed or to avoid prison
- Log off during a firefight or other life or death fight
- Log off while fleeing from the police
- Log off when you are about to be punished by a staff member
Rule 12: Usage of Aircraft
- Fly extremely low in the city
- Take off/Land aeroplane & helicopters on to busy streets.
- Crash an aeroplane or helicopter into buildings
- Land helicopter on to AMR/SASPhelipad
- Aerobatic's / Stunts near populated areas
Rule 13: OOC Chat
Breaking character at any point in the game without a suitable reason will result in punishment.
- Use the out of character chat to speak to people.
- Use the out of character chat unless its an immediate issue. Use /report instead.
- Go out of character when you are in the game unless you are being spoken to by a staff member.
- Use any variant of the phrase "OOC real quick"
- If you need to speak to a staff member or want to report someone, wait until the RP is over and use /report, or take it to discord or the forums.
Rule 14: New Life Rule & DOA
No player shall decide if another is dead. It will be the responsibility of the downed player to decide their own fate.
Should a player be able to receive medical help and be revived then the player shall live from the encounter and remember everything about the encounter.
Should a player **NOT** be able to receive medical help but does choose to respawn then they shall not remember the event that leads to them respawning.
Should a player decide that they are dead then they shall be sent to the morgue and they are to DELETE THE CHARACTER this means if you are dead then you are ending the character's existence. You shall no longer lose warrants or not be subject to jail sentences or fines unless you kill and delete the character.
Every encounter must still have adequate RolePlay and not break any of the other server rules.
So player A shoots player B.
Player B lives and comes back and shoots player A with no RP.
End result Player B gets a temp ban for RDM.
Rule 15(a): Organized Crime
You are welcome to create a gang in character, and in game.
It is a breach of the rules to be committing crimes with more than 4 people at a single crime scene that involves no player on player activity (i.e. Store Robbery or Bank Robbery). If you wish to plan a bigger crime please contact a staff member as appropriate, to ensure it can be planned and completed in a safe and fair manner. If you require clarification from a staff member, please do not hesitate to ask. (this rule is applied for the entire scripted robbery and numbers do not change if more law enforcement arrive)
Rule 15(b): Player on Player Action
Any illegal activity involving another player the instigators must follow the 2:1 ratio (Law enforcement may attend in larger numbers in an official duty while clocked in). Should you wish to plan anything bigger please seek staff approval.
Two players would be allowed to rob/assault one player on his own. 3 players trying to rob/assault one player would be in breach of this rule.
Should you be injured and sent to the hospital due to injuries then you are not permitted to be involved in any player on player crime for the next 30 minutes from your discharge.
Rule 16: Use of External Footage For In-game Use
The usage of recordings/"body cam" footage and streams will be considered a breach of character, unless you are an on duty emergency personnel these people are permitted to carry recording equipment on there clothing.
Civilians are permitted to use footage obtained from recordings or streams of the character as long as an emote is used (any emote that uses a camera so a phone would apply) to signal the start of the recording and then again for the end of recording. Please remember that your character will be holding the recording device during this period (don't go and climb ladders swim in water things along these lines). Should your phone be removed from your person with a "/me takes phone" or words to that effect then the recording will no longer exist.
Players are still NOT permitted to use terms such as I am going to use this footage to report you to the government meaning the staff team this will be classed as a breach of Rule 13 OOC chat and will be dealt with in a manner seen fit.
Rule 17: Discord and Forum Communication
Inciting drama or otherwise acting angry, agitated or upset-be it in game or in the community discord/website, is a breach of the rules, you are expected to handle your emotions and opinions in a suitable manner and you will be treated equally regardless of rank, role or standing within the community.
We expect our community to treat each other with respect and not act aggressive, problematic or otherwise drama inciting, acting out with such behavior will lead to sanctions.
It is important to note that this ruling is not meant to encroach on your ability to have an opinion, it is however important that you voice your opinions in an appropriate manner via the appropriate channels, voicing opinions without context or information and doing so in the wrong channels will be considered as drama inciting and will be acted on as such.
If you do have an opinion or want a point clarified that could otherwise be seen as inciting drama or acting "salty" then feel free to ask a question via the Q&A Form, Staff Complaint Form or the Server Discussion section on the website and we will endeavor to support you as best we can.
This ruling does not include in character drama, however in character drama must be kept in game.
Rule 18: No Violence Zones
Pillbox Medical Center (Los Santos)
- No civilian vs. civilian crime and/or violence within the Pillbox Medical Center or on any of its driveways.
- Police may initiate RP within the medical center or on any of its driveways, at which point those involved in that immediate situation are exempt from this rule until they leave the hospital grounds.
- Do not initiate RP with anyone while they are changing clothing.
- Do not initiate RP with anyone while they are using the barber shop menu.
If you, as a user, are banned be it unfairly or justly, you must make a thread in the Ban Appeals section of the forum. Debating the ban or arguing with staff members in any form other than a Ban Appeal thread will result in your Appeal being denied (Including Discord or In-Game).
We understand that mistakes can happen but it is your duty to ensure you are willing to put your point across in a fair and responsible manner, being rude or otherwise unjust in your arguments will also lead to your appeal being denied. Appeals must be made by the banned user, no one else is permitted to appeal a ban in a banned members stead.
All required information for Ban Appeals is listed in the Ban Appeals section of the forum.
All rules are subject to change and amendments.