misteradam

Upgrades on Daemon 1

Hello, I'm writing this in case anyone else tries to put 22k into local upgrades on a Daemon 1 like I did, without any change to performance.  Just wondering if this is part of the mods, are certain motorcycles/all motorcycles not able to be upgraded?  I've tried to garner information IC, with mixed results.  Anyone know if this is a bug or if it's supposed to let us waste cash on upgrades that don't work?

• I Like it! 2

One thing I believe would help all of us would be a spreadsheet or list of available vehicles and whether they are able to be upgraded or not.  Those of us that are new, have no idea what we should or shouldn't purchase. 

Also, It kinda kills some of the RP if there are only a handful of vehicles that can be upgraded and you see everyone with the same vehicles due to this.  Misteradam above is victim to this already.  He didn't want to get the same crotch rocket bike that everyone rides around on.  He wanted his own look and feel with his chopper bike.  He was so excited to get this bike and looks awesome on it.  He went and upgraded with no warnings of upgrades not working properly on his particular bike.  Now he has 22k+ gone after working many legitimate jobs to earn the cash.

I personally just buy what fits my character and RP, not whats the best...but I still have no idea if I should or shouldn't get something.  Thank goodness there are some great people in the community with knowledge of what works or doesn't.  Two particular mechanics that have been very helpful to us have been Tabitha and Snoop.  Great people!

• I Like it! 1

It is sad.

I too would prefer to ride a cruiser, instead of the aforementioned crotch rocket, but when cop cars go 140 mph - the fastest bike is what you want to maximize your chances against them.

Gambling with upgrade costs should not be a thing.

• I Like it! 2

@misteradam I do recommend you try to appeal for a refund on that 22k. I know it's an un-enforced rule that bikes can't be upgraded or mechanic upgraded so if you talked to experienced mechanic in game they would tell you and advice you against bike upgrades. Also electric vehicles suffer from this too. The local upgrades don't do anything to the vehicle's performance apart from the brakes and armor but they are insignificant. The only upgrades i can recommend is topspeed4 from civilian mechanics, brakes and armor. 

• I Like it! 1

2 hours ago, lDaemonl said:

@misteradam I do recommend you try to appeal for a refund on that 22k. I know it's an un-enforced rule that bikes can't be upgraded or mechanic upgraded so if you talked to experienced mechanic in game they would tell you and advice you against bike upgrades. Also electric vehicles suffer from this too. The local upgrades don't do anything to the vehicle's performance apart from the brakes and armor but they are insignificant. The only upgrades i can recommend is topspeed4 from civilian mechanics, brakes and armor. 

Thanks for the Info!  I heard from people that the local upgrades improved performance on their cars/bikes.

1 minute ago, misteradam said:

Thanks for the Info!  I heard from people that the local upgrades improved performance on their cars/bikes.

Np man. I'd just always check in with the veteran mechanics like Zane if you know him in character. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.