TheFawnX

Mods should be more strict on bad RP

Anyone else think the mods should be more strict with people who do bad RP/break server rules? Have had so many issues with people that break all kinds of server rules but it really doesn't seem like these people are being reprimanded for the rule breaking as much as they should. I hope we can see a new system in place that gives people a 3 strikes and your out type of deal.

• I Like it! 3
  • That's incredible! 1

Make gangs whitelist only like back in the days.  3 strikes of clear rule breaks takes away your whitelist for a certain amount of time. And since you are no longer whitelisted your gang activity would be haulted until reinstated. @TheFawnXwhat do you think?

• I Like it! 4

Wait people actually RP on this server?

Aside from ems and police the only RP i come across is terrible gang RP. Any unique character is pretty much ignored. The only interesting people I've come across is zed and gumby. Trying to initiate RP always ends in awkwardness or just being ignored. 

• I Like it! 2
  • That's sad! 1

Anytime I get on a civ character with the intention of not working and just finding some pure rp, within 5 minutes I am kidnapped and used in a robbery. I leave pillbox to be kidnapped and robbed again. The character I frequently do this on has no money and no belongings, so I tend to be shot because I have nothing. Then I am forced back to pillbox. 

I don’t like to generalize, but most people on this server don’t branch out of the same mundane routine. I get that it isn’t something that can be fixed with a wave of a wand, but I don’t believe anyone fears repercussions for constant bad rp. It does not seem like there are any repercussions for it as I see the same people just drive around town robbing individuals for hours. 

Characters that try doing anything unique unique or interesting are seen as weird and people disengage at the earliest opportunity. If you aren’t robbing a bank or a person, they have no desire to speak whatsoever. 

I agree with with the above point that the ems and police have been great. Some of the best rp I’ve had is with those individuals. 

Apologies for the rant, but I feel like this suggestion would make this a better place. 

• I Like it! 2
  • I Love it! 1

I really do think that Gang Whitelist is a good idea.

BUT at the same time, I've witnessed some horrible Fail RP from a lot of LEOs. So it's an in general issue in the community here.

i got put in a jail cell with my cuffs on, i kept running out so the CO abused the drag thingy, dragged me thru the cell door and let go of me, powergaming. 

kinda sad to see CO's do such

I don't think "bad rp" should be monitored and dealt with harshly because "bad rp" is very broad in a sense where anyone could be affected. Maybe bad rp in a sense where the individual constantly breaks character, forcing situations, and ruining immersion could a better way of pinpointing the origin issue. When it comes to the gang rp, it's clear that it's dull. I'm not trying to bash on any of the city gangs but there is no standard for gang rp and without any sort of lines to follow makes it messy. I have been in situations where anything you say to an individual makes them get heated and threaten to shoot you. Also threatening in person or on twitter where officers are constantly being aware of what people talk about isn't very realistic. Saying that you will shoot someone in front of an officer and or on twitter doesn't seem ok to me personally. Now if you do it in an anonymous AD or in a creative way that then leads to RP and unique situations, that don't start a bunch of twitter rants/shit talking. No offense to all the city gangs but lets step it up boys. Bring out the RP and put away the loose gun play. This is definitely a worthy suggestion! 

• I Like it! 3

I have to agree with alot of the people above me - especially with the "made to feel weird" comment.

I am very new to this RP thing (just a couple of weeks) and when I've tried to interact with people I believed to be "server veterans".

I'm the one left feeling that they have never RP'd or even spoken to a human person before in their life, complete stiff's with hardly an attempt to even make a conversation!

not that all my interactions have been great from myself, but most of the time I atleast try and ask people's names! 90% of the time I don't get this from the other person

mostly I feel like I have joined the server a little late and now people are just clique'd and don't want to bother with outsiders?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.