Apply for Whitelist

Make sure to get yourself whitelisted to get priority to join the server as well as limited server slots.
Apply Now!

We want you for the Los Santos Fire Department team

Looking for an exciting and challenging career? Want to make a difference in your community? The Los Santos Fire Department saves lives, you can too.
Apply Now!

Join the Blaine County Sheriffs Office

If you have ever considered a career in law enforcement or detentions, this is the time to act. The Blaine County Sheriffs Office is seeking to hire an unprecedented number of employees in the coming months. Expansion in both patrol operations and detentions is creating exciting opportunities for good men and women interested in becoming part of the winning team.
Apply Now!

Start a Gang or Organization

Let the competition know that you mean business by becoming a fully fledged Gang/Organization. Show others you're the real deal.

Department of Corrections

Are you ready to make a difference? Apply below to become a part of the great Department of Corrections team, not all criminals are criminals for life and with your help, they can become great members of society once more. All the information you need to change lives can be found below.
Apply here!
Check out the new section for Twitch Streamers! Read more... ×
IMPORTANT NOTICE INVOLVING VOICE CHAT Read more... ×
Hello, announcement regarding new commerce feature Read more... ×

Department of Justice:

The current state of the server is that too much power lies in the hands of the police station. I have seen too many cases where players have requested an attorney, but then are immediately processed, fined, and jailed. They should be able to have enough time to talk to an attorney, create a case for a reduced sentence or bail amount, and then proceed as it should be done. Every single lawyer is having to deal with situations AFTER the sentence has already been carried out. There are some police officers that use excessive force, have no understanding of self-control, and are completely ignorant of trigger control or escalation of force. I saw someone simply walking outside the police station and an officer pulled first a taser out, then her weapon after the player did not respond within 5 seconds of her yelling at him to get on the ground. The player was released after he was put in a cell - he did nothing wrong. There should be representation BEFORE punishments are given AND consequences for deserving actions that police officers commit. 

If there can be a waiting period before a player is allowed to be fined or jailed to allow them to actually represent themselves or have their attorney represent them, that would be amazing and player's willingness to donate to the server will most likely increase. As it is right now, players are heavily fined and their licenses revoked for too long - I'm sure that when creating the law handbook, representation of the individual to decrease the fine/sentence were kept in mind.

Allow players to properly punish/be punished through the judicial system. If there is no judge to rule, then their hearing will be postponed until a judge can hear both the prosecution and defense of the case and rule the player's sentence.

Department of Aviation:

Creating more ranks to climb the aviation job would be beneficial and rewarding to those who enjoy this method of making money. Raise the minimum payment and maximum payment marginally.

An average flight is around 8 minutes long - from Takeoff to Mission End. 

Players with 250 flights under their belt (Roughly 33 hours of pure flying) - should attain the rank "Flight Instructor" 

Players with 250 flights under their belt and would like to be a part of the DOJ should be given the rank "Air Marshal"

The Flight Instructor rank would allow players to issue pilot licenses - Teaching players how to properly use the taxi'ing system, ramp system, and proper cruising altitude (I can give more detailed information as to the taxi/ramp system and I think that cruising altitude should be 2,500 feet for aircraft with jet-engines, and 2,000 feet for aircraft powered by propeller. After "x" amount of flights with the Flight Instructor, a player may purchase a pilot's license off of the Instructor. The instructor may charge the player what he/she thinks is fair, depending on how much time the requesting player takes. (The license from the NPC costs $5,000, so I'd assume around $2,000 is what the instructor would charge).

The Air Marshal rank would serve as an extension of the DOJ, working out of LSIA.

The Air Marshal would have access to a long rifle and the power to revoke pilot licenses.

Ensuring that correct air procedures are being performed and narcotics are not being transported via airways would be the primary function of the Air Marshal.

Patrolling the airfields/airways of the island to keep the airports clear of congestion (such as broken planes/players who spawn planes then leave) would be secondary.

Additionally, titles can be given to EMS players who successfully clear and perform their duties through rotary (helicopter) training. This could separate and distinguish determined and exceptional personnel in the EMS field.

^ Side note: There are players who do transfer narcotics by using air travel, and plenty of players who think it's fun to get as close to buildings and the ground as possible.

Edited by Hoshi

So, 

@Hoshi In regards to your DOJ suggestions, I do agree.

I would like to see more things to do with the judicial system and we did have HUT before where a player can request, but it was removed due to the DA situation.

Hopefully bail can become a thing, but I hear your suggestions and I'll bring it up.

Department of Justice

I agree with Mr. Alabaster. People with more "serious" crimes are denied lawyers in cases where the police; at their discretion, think the criminal accused has no case. These are the cases where people should have lawyers. Also, denying access to an attorney is a violation of constitutional rights. 

Because judges are so infrequently in the city (rightfully so), I would propose a magisterial position. A magistrate could relieve some of the burdens of the judge. This individual can be appointed more frequently to individuals who are “level headed, open minded, take the position seriously, have a basic understanding of the judicial system, and are unbiased.” I know from my encounters with the police, who is fair and honest when speaking in terms of the law, as well as those who are not.  

Responsibilities of a Magistrate:

• Approve and deny search/arrest warrants (As of right now the police issue their own warrants)
  • Set bail (Currently no bail system set in place)
  • Approve sentencing administered by the various police departments 
  • Verify that the accused turned down or received representation
  • Dismiss charges when applicable
  • Preside over hearings if/when a judge is not available

Possible other responsibilities

• Issue firearms permits
  • approve/deny expungement requests
  • approve/deny DOB/Name Changes

Just to touch on a few more points, I think the license suspensions restriction are perhaps too long, at least for the time being. I wouldn't mind seeing suspension times cut in half for expungement. My reasoning is, that most the repeat offenders are going to recidivate in a two-week window rather easily anyway. I am very impressed with the few who haven’t.  It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to expunge a record for someone who is a felon, especially in cases of repeat offenders.

Also, drivers license suspension times are incredibly way too long in comparison to expungements.  I would propose maybe a twenty-four to seventy-two-hour suspension on driver’s license.

These adjustments would mean: 

The maximum time for expungement: 7 days, with room for negotiation

The maximum time for drivers license suspensions: 72 hours 

Edited by Phillip M. Macoochie
  • I Like it! 1