Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to USA Realism RP

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Join SASP Today!

Interested in become a state trooper? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the SASP family today!

Join the BCSO Today!

Interested in become a sheriff's deputy or correctional officer? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the BCSO family today!

Join LSFD Today!

Interested in becoming a paramedic, nurse, or doctor? Want to help save lives? Join the LSFD family today!

Every person and their dog has a body cam in the server, kills so much rp by uploading a video to prove someone wrong or to win a RP scenario, why not talk it out why use it to win anything? the only people with body cams irl are mainly Emergency services, sicking of people having them all the time, makes people with weaker PC's at a disadvantage if they cannot record 

• I Like it! 3

I personally use OBS to record fun RP scenarios I would like to remember, situations where my FiveM crashes and I need to make a refund request or in case I (or people around me) are falsely reported. There are some of us out there who do not abuse the use of OBS (bodycams). 

• I Like it! 3

I agree that these reports are getting WAY out of hand, something has to be done about it. I'm not sure what, but I don't think banning OBS is the answer. Perhaps something like civilians can't say they have bodycams. However it's realistic to vlog your daily life these days. I don't know, something creative. 

I agree with both. There is no harm in recording your gameplay as I did it when I was streaming but I strongly agree with @LazyWoodzhere. It does seem that every, EVERY RP scene I come up to or am a part of there is someone there saying they are wearing a bodycam. It really triggers me every time I hear in game that phrase "I am wearing a body cam, so just to let you know...." LIke Lazy said it kills RP and it makes no sense what so ever for everyone to be wearing a body cam. IRL nobody wears bodycams. I am not saying people shouldnt record their game play but it seems like soooo many are doing it just to have proof of something or to incriminate someone. I think everyone that does "wear bodycams" wear them and dont let everyone know your wearing one. IRL you would not be walking up to people and around saying I have a body cam so let them fuck up. It has gotten out of hand.

• I Like it! 1

It's true. If everyone is recording now, don't mention it. If people are gonna fuck up and break the rules, then so be it. We shouldn't be warning people to be mindful of rules just because we're recording. Everyone on the server is whitelisted, they should know the rules, what is and isn't acceptable. I have been guilty of stating "I have a bodycam" in game as well. Having some insight to how others perceive this has made me reconsider bring it up at all. It does ruin the roleplay. It feels like a threat and frankly, it kind of is. 

• I Like it! 1

Legit been in RP now when we are made to wait 15 minutes for the person to upload footage like jesus christ it kills the vibe, use it for serious reports only and only cops in game can use it would be my suggestion, I could say if you use the right emotes filming could take place, but BODYCAMS are dumb 

• I Like it! 1

In my opinion, I Think that the body cams should be removed, but not completley. I mean I've seen for example an Youtuber RP as a youtuber in game, so for example when he gets pulled over by the cops he says like, "Whats up guys its (Channel Name) and then proccedes with the RP" as hes holding a camera. so if you RP it out so Booth parts know that you are recording then i don't see anything wrong with it. But if you are recording without RPing that you have a bodycam or camera on then i dont Think it should be allowed, cuz then it just ruins the RP. (Sorry for my bad English, im really tired)

1 minute ago, LazyWoodz said:

Legit been in RP now when we are made to wait 15 minutes for the person to upload footage like jesus christ it kills the vibe, use it for serious reports only and only cops in game can use it would be my suggestion, I could say if you use the right emotes filming could take place, but BODYCAMS are dumb 

Yeah, i saw that, thats quiet booring to wait on some footage... Didnt see anything wrong about it at the time but now when im thinking about it, it kills the RP almost

Like I rp and I lie, I tell cops fake storys for the scenario but then all of a sudden little old tessa(made up person sorry if thats your name lol) in her short shorts and top claims to be strapped up with a body cam to prove me wrong? why not just argue your case and set up a court date, much better imo

Just flat out, people need to stop with the "bodycam" RP. Go roleplay. I have seen soooo many things go wrong and soooo many people not do things the right way but still, the RP goes on. Its Roleplay, not lets go record everything hoping to catch someone fuck up. RP the shit out babyducks!

2 minutes ago, John Ram said:

Just flat out, people need to stop with the "bodycam" RP. Go roleplay. I have seen soooo many things go wrong and soooo many people not do things the right way but still, the RP goes on. Its Roleplay, not lets go record everything hoping to catch someone fuck up. RP the shit out babyducks!

Yeah, you dont just start recording when you are beeing threatend for your Life by 4 people at gun Point, that turns in to failRP then

• Senior Administrator

I agree that saying, "I have a bodycam" isn't RP and it makes people think you are going to use it against them. It will make people not want to RP with you. Ive heard this being said when someone is about to be defeated and when there is a serious situation going on. I honestly don't care if you have a "bodycam" on. I know as long as I follow the rules I will not bare any consequences. But its said way to much..I agree with Ram, I'm the same way. Lets RP have fun and remember were all humans here we all make mistakes even through RP. Not every slip up should be reported just fixed through RP. 

• I Like it! 1

''Bodycams'' should stay BUT they should not be mentioned in RP at no TIME, I don't mind people recording their own game plays but needs to STOP RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW" because using ''bodycams'' is basically saying OOC I have a camera if you fuck you, you will get reported basically that and this would go back a bit to why the server is empty most of the time is because of this kind of BULLSHIT people do nobody wants to RP anymore because they are being recorded left and right and if they do the smallest thing ever big drama kicks for reports starts coming in etc... SO PEOPLE STOP With this ''bodycam'' shit RIGHT NOW! it is bullshit and does not bring any more RP instead it bring it more problems.

• I Like it! 2

The problem is not the body-cam being used - it is HOW THE PLAYERS use it. (And what Rimka said).The same goes for reports - the reports aren't the issue here, but how they are being used.

xxx Mia.

• I Love it! 1

This issue is already under discussion with the Admin team a post shall be made in the near future about this issue. 

Just stick with with it and all will become clear soon enough. 

I personally like the cameras to some degree when used correctly but too many as you are all saying just break character to say I have a body cam and you have fucked up or words to that effect. 

Just keep your eyes open the debate is just as intense on this subject with the community admins. 

Regards 

Jamie 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.