Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to USA Realism RP

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Join SASP Today!

Interested in become a state trooper? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the SASP family today!

Join the BCSO Today!

Interested in become a sheriff's deputy or correctional officer? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the BCSO family today!

Join LSFD Today!

Interested in becoming a paramedic, nurse, or doctor? Want to help save lives? Join the LSFD family today!

I believe we are in need of a rule on fear rp. I understand that realistically not everyone would fear for their life, and that we do not want to limit anybodies rp. however, with that said, I just can’t ignore it anymore. Not having a rule on fear rp is just adding to the uncreative gunplay on all sides now. Criminals always complain that nobody puts their hands up but wouldn’t either in their situation.. no more hypocrisy, no more bullshit. Let’s make it a rule that if you are being put in a 2:1 scenario and being told to put your hands up that you have to. We got limited spaces in the server and for ppl to actually be able to commit robberies they need hostages, and fake hostages are lazy af, and typically will be called out in seconds. So make it easier for people to get their hostages, perform the rp they want to, much more rp and many more storylines can branch from being kidnapped than just “he pointed a gun at me so we got in a shootout” let’s keep rp based on storylines and not just shoot shoot. I know I’m not alone on this. Thank you for reading.

• I Like it! 1

The thing about having to put your hands up is that you know that that is how you get taken to a second location. Any woman can tell you that you don't let anybody take you to a second location because that's where you get killed. You're more realistically fearing for your life if you refuse to be taken, and making them either shoot you on the spot in a public place -- where they can get caught -- or move on. I have the IC experience to know that getting taken means you might get executed in the middle of the desert or something and would then be unable to get help. So, "you have to fear for your life by putting your hands up" forgets that you have multiple possible responses: Fight, flight, freeze, and fawn.

Okay let me rephrase fear for your life here

*ahem*
let’s make it so people gotta out their hands up if they have guns on them to further the rp scenarios possible instead of having almost every scenario end in gunfights

going to iterate here— I don’t mean any offense when I say this, I just want to share my thoughts 

Dear Dawningdreamer,

You have encountered a wild Valerie. If you have a different opinion than her, she will make you public enemy number uno, and will go on a conquest to prove you wrong.

Sincerely, totally not astroo

6 hours ago, roiice said:

1. Why and how is it just women that "can tell you that you don't let anybody take you to a second location"??...

Thanks for putting this into words better than I could

• Server Administrator

Roiice has the best point in this entire topic. If someone pulls up with guns drawn on you you need to ask yourself "where will this rp go?"  It seems alot of the conversation here is surrounding the suggestion of "If I point gun and you don't put your hands up ,you are roleplaying badly." 

This kind of thinking is false, and despite what some may think this will only increase the use of guns . If we were to enforce a fear rule the number of instances of gp>rp will only increase.  

1 minute ago, vikky33 said:

This kind of thinking is false, and despite what some may think this will only increase the use of guns . If we were to enforce a fear rule the number of instances of gp>rp will only increase.  

I am going to respectfully disagree with you on that. I believe that that kind of thinking is realistic. This is an RP server And a Realism server. Half the reason most gunplay happens in the server is because of people not putting their hands up. it just becomes a contest to see who can jump and sprint around the fastest while pulling out their gun. If the rule, I feel GP>RP would decrease, and we would also see far greater realistic, immersive scenarios with robberies and the like, since not everyone would be using a clearly fake hostage. The reason so many fake hostages are used is because everyone KNOWS that nobody puts their hands up. Its like that one saying about the thing that hindered itself without doing anything to fix the issue. on one hand We all know it sucks, but we won't put our hands up on the other hand unless told to and it being made a rule. 

• Server Administrator

While I understand your point of view the fundamental core behind it is flawed. If this were to become a rule an officer ((in theory )) only needs to aim thier gun at someone and they HAVE to surrender. Believe me I enjoy seeing foot chases come to a peaceful conclusion. 

To address your point on realism. Yes we are a realism roleplay server.... However I could provide a host of youtube videos of unarmed people either resisting or fighting off an armed person...and all of those are real people having to deal with real reactions in real situations . 

To continue that same train of thought and say you were to come up to and attempt to take me hostage ...what YOUR response if I don't comply? Or even worse fight back and resist? Just because you have a gun in your hand does not mean you are entitled to dictate a scenario. 

When people complain that another person is not rping correctly because you have a gun in your hand ...that is just a benign form of gp>rp. What we should be striving for is less guns used overall...because, again from a cop main perspective how many times a day would a REAL cop even have to draw their gun?

• I Love it! 1
8 minutes ago, vikky33 said:

from a cop main perspective how many times a day would a cop even have to draw their gun?

this used to come up a lot when me and you rode together when I was SASP. and I want to make it clear that I agree with what you are saying. Something important that I have learned in my time here is that we make small sacrifices in realism to perpetuate our roleplay, so I figured in order to maybe enhance some of the crim side of RP it would be a good addition.

• Server Administrator

I am not disagreeing with the thought behind your cause, I hope I made that clear. I think as a community both crim and cop side we could agree less guns =more rp. Guns should be used as a tool for roleplay , when appropriate . Like someone pulling a gun on you should be a rare thing , not an everyday thing. It would add more credence and seriousness to a situation .

I agree 100%. but there would have to be some sort of rule addition or some form of promoting good rp or else the folk who just constantly pull guns and gunplay the shit out of everyone will just continue to set a precedent that it is okay when it is, in fact, not okay lmao

10000% agree I literally had a guy the other day say shoot me im not letting you run my pockets and then after I shoot him he says "there you go just like that I wasnt letting you rob me" l then I report him for fail rp/ not rping injuries and here nothing about it. No one in their sane mind is gonna say shoot me im not letting you rob me. These type of situations need to be enforced more and heavily because people are not even trying to hide it.

• 1 month later...

We need this. Literally 3 times in the past hour people haven't put their hands up with multiple guns to their head in accordance with the 2:1 ratio.

Failing to comply to the extent where it is unrealistic falls under Unrealistic Behavior on the rules, there is no need to add "FearRP" or "NVL" as it falls under FailRP and Unrealistic Behavior.  If someone is acting in such way and is not "valuing their life" (For the love of Christ don't say "you're not valuing your life" in roleplay.... that is breaking character) then report it with the many options you have at your disposal to report people.  Such as /report in game, or in the player report section on the forums.

3 hours ago, Sandoril said:

Failing to comply to the extent where it is unrealistic falls under Unrealistic Behavior on the rules, there is no need to add "FearRP" or "NVL" as it falls under FailRP and Unrealistic Behavior.  If someone is acting in such way and is not "valuing their life" (For the love of Christ don't say "you're not valuing your life" in roleplay.... that is breaking character) then report it with the many options you have at your disposal to report people.  Such as /report in game, or in the player report section on the forums.

Mhm. Sorry for the confusion. I’ve been told when reporting someone under FailRP for not valuing their life that it’s not FailRP. This was less than a week ago. 🙂

• Senior Administrator

There is no rule saying players have to comply with you. Its their choice because its their RP. Is it unrealistic to want to fight or flight? Not at all. Is it FailRP when someone dont comply? Not at all because failRP would be using your phone after it has been taken or while tied up or not RPing out your injuries that would fall under failrp and unrealistic behavior and that comes with stipulations. Every situation is different. I really wanted to clear this up for everyone. I do agree the NVL rule was nice but can be easily abused. So with that being said Mini made his server to be realistic if it happens IRL it can happen on the server. 

3 hours ago, Lucy Cole said:

There is no rule saying players have to comply with you. Its their choice because its their RP. Is it unrealistic to want to fight or flight? Not at all. Is it FailRP when someone dont comply? Not at all because failRP would be using your phone after it has been taken or while tied up or not RPing out your injuries that would fall under failrp and unrealistic behavior and that comes with stipulations. Every situation is different. I really wanted to clear this up for everyone. I do agree the NVL rule was nice but can be easily abused. So with that being said Mini made his server to be realistic if it happens IRL it can happen on the server. 

I 1000% feel you on this but not having a nvl can be taken advantage of also I’ve literally had people tell me to shoot them because they don’t wanna lose what they have. If this is gonna be the case the word “realism” should be removed from usa’s name. Because there is no way in gods green earth I’m telling someone to shoot me in real life if someone tells me not to move or I shoot you while they run my pockets. It’s honestly laughable at this point because it happens soo much and just like the nvl is abused this form of rp is now being abused. And if any forms get abused the actors should be reprimanded and punished. Because at this point then not putting their hands up is promoting gp over rp 

• I Like it! 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.