Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to USA Realism RP

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Join SASP Today!

Interested in become a state trooper? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the SASP family today!

Join the BCSO Today!

Interested in become a sheriff's deputy or correctional officer? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the BCSO family today!

Join LSFD Today!

Interested in becoming a paramedic, nurse, or doctor? Want to help save lives? Join the LSFD family today!

17 minutes ago, stevenchasebrown said:

There are currently no plans to reform booking or prison times. If you have an issue, please file an HR report.

V/R,

-Undersheriff Jack Steele

Damn if I didn’t know any better I would of thought this was a admin response LOL

Posted (edited)

Also anyone who comments on this I haven’t been rude or disrespectful to anyone here I just been tryin to have a narrative that we can discusses a issue. If you’re offended by this and feel the need to be rude or derogatory then remove yourself from the conversation. That goes for crims, cops regular members or staff because it’s unhelpful and shows that you are clearly immature and can’t have a civil adult conversation and you are part of the problem and not the solution 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Jr writer/Alonzo Harris
  • I Like it! 1

We’re getting off topic with the suggestion. It’s about people who are wrongfully given these high fines and times by cops who take it ooc. The simple “file an hr report” and “report them on the website” is absolutely not an answer that will solve everyone’s situation here, same as “do the crime to the time” so let’s take those out of the equation and face the fact of the matter which is that people are being sent for 3 ish hours in a lot of cases. I understand if they are being shitlords... but without people who give gunplay there are no fun cop rp scenarios. So grouping everyone’s gunplay into a huge “this is bad” category is not acceptable. The people who do gunplay correctly should be commended and those who don’t should be dealt with. It is not up to cops to be the judge jury and executioner. That’s a staff job.

• I Like it! 1

I've seen a lot of servers have things from jobs you can do in jail to reduce time, or places you can search for random things while in jail.   Seldom is anyone locked up inside their own cell for their entire sentence either.

I don't think it's so much a problem of 'this sentence is too high'  more so a there being absolutely nothing to do but sit there unless you've gone with all your friends at the same time, then you just goof off with each other.  

120 months ain't a problem if you have things you can be doing in the prison.  There could (and imho should) be prison RP, and prison shouldn't be a near complete halt to RP.   I feel high times is a problem though when someone is just locked in a cell with nothing to do at all, especially when queues are high on the server.  

• I Love it! 1

Easy solution. Give all crips max time and max fine, regardless of the crime. Are they Jaywalking across the street? Put them in for 9999s, that will teach them.

Your welcome 

Edited by Ryder Jay Lance
  • Server Administrator

I see this is a popular post so I am going to give my 2 cents. Keep in mind I am what you would consider a cop main.

Does it make sense to give every criminal 100+ months? No .

Should criminals who provides good rp for the cops get some kinda break in time and fine? Yes. 

Should a criminal get out of prison and immediately start commiting crime again? No.

I feel that this is a good conversation to have and I will do my best to bring it to the rest of the staffs attention, with that being said we are told to give time and fine for each pc 245 commited and that alone can add up to over 100+ months. Perhaps it's worth discussing putting it on the arrest sheet but not giving the time associated with it. 

From my perspective and what is most frustrating as a cop is gun related crimes should occur less often, I can't tell you how many times I have attempted a 10 38 traffic stop bc you ran a red light and it devolves into felony charges. I currently have a crim who is serving 5000 months on top of a 1400 month stint I rped about 7 months ago. I 10000% agree that staring at a wall for to long will only want you to avoid jail more , but one of the main issues as to why you are locked in to the cells is the moment cos allow you to be out of them it becomes a brawl with other inmates and cos, causing the cos to not want to interact and so few being on duty at the same time. If criminals want a more enjoyable hail experience we should encourage self policing while in jail. We have a huge gorgeous prison that could provide plenty of roleplay but it only takes a few people to ruin the perception for everyone.

• I Like it! 1
  • I Love it! 2
  • Server Administrator

I'm also going to add - I want to discussion to continue bit the latest comments are community members going after others, if we can maintain a lovely civil conversation the more traction this post will get and the more likely we can discuss change so keep it civil please

• I Like it! 1
  • I Love it! 2

This has and probably always will be a hot topic.

The fact that the jail can be just hours of sitting there does suck, this is something that has been discussed and things may get changed in the future, but that takes dev time.  Im sorry this isnt really an answer, but im just putting it out there that it has been discussed for the future.

To go off that tho, to arrest the same person(s) for the same thing every 20 mins when they get out is also boring for cops, and if that person is just constantly shooting, it takes cops away from others and their RP.  So yes, usually these people get higher times. 

Now, are there cops that just give people higher times and fines because the don't like them OOC, Most likely. Just like there is most likely people who RP as a crim and just target certain cops because the don't like them OOC. Just like there are people who give greatly reduced time/fines because their friends OOC.   From as staff point a view, this is very difficult to prove, however when we do, its dealt with.

I know most people who have been around for a while and RP cop, base time and fine off the interaction and the RP.  So yes, if you spend the whole time mothing off or just being shitty, there probably not going to reduce anything because at the end of the day, cops don't have to reduce your time/fine at all, its not a rule, its something that's suggested and appreciated. 

At the end of the day, Crims need cops for their RP, and vice versa. All the salt that's currently in-between is the problem. comments like "Well if you can’t be a cop and take verbal abuse you shouldn’t be a cop" doesn't help anything because your just going to get the "Don't do the crime if you cant do the time" kind of comments back, then it turns into a salt fest and we just lock the topic.  Which is what we don't want because this is obviously something that the community wants to discuss, and we should.

Opinions between people who Main cop or Main crim are always going to be different, its trying to find the middle ground so its fair for both. 

With that said, does anyone have anything they think could be changed or added to help? Keep in mind, if it requires dev work, it will take a wile.

My own personal suggestion is that reductions get taken away completely, and you go with what the charge in the penal code says.  This only takes away the "OOC" issue and doesn't help anything else.  It my benefit some, but it will also hurt others. 

-Isper

• I Love it! 1
  • Head Administrator
On 3/13/2021 at 12:28 AM, Tabitha Knox said:

I've seen a lot of servers have things from jobs you can do in jail to reduce time, or places you can search for random things while in jail.   Seldom is anyone locked up inside their own cell for their entire sentence either.

I don't think it's so much a problem of 'this sentence is too high'  more so a there being absolutely nothing to do but sit there unless you've gone with all your friends at the same time, then you just goof off with each other.  

120 months ain't a problem if you have things you can be doing in the prison.  There could (and imho should) be prison RP, and prison shouldn't be a near complete halt to RP.   I feel high times is a problem though when someone is just locked in a cell with nothing to do at all, especially when queues are high on the server.  

Agreed. Jobs in prison have been in the works for a while..... well on the to-do list rather. Things just take time. Mini agrees and is also on board with creating jobs inside the prison so the RP doesn't just end there. People need something to do to pass time.

This is roleplay and it shouldn't dead end staring at a wall for 240 months after robbing a store. I will agree some people deserve longer times whether it be because they took down the entire PD or they are just nasty during booking. I will not deny though some people just slap higher times/fines because it isn't their friend. I think this is what the bigger issue is. 

In SASP we are told to reduce in half for good behavior and anything more is our discretion. Unfortunately this is not a constant in an department. 

Hopefully we can work towards a happy medium. Being able to see all sides and understand them is important because this is everyones community.

• I Like it! 4

@GlitterGlock19@Isper@vikky33 thank you all for giving your opinions on this subject and i'm glad you see that there def should be some type of change regarding the prison and sentencing. I think when we have staff willing to have a dialogue like you all have just shown really helps make a more unified community where people do not feel that their idea or opinion is a waste off time and effort. Will people always see eye to eye no not even close ill be the first to admit I get a little spicy sometimes  when I feel I/ or someone else is being wronged. Now is that ok? absolutely not and like vikky stated we has a community should attempt to police each other when we see someone out of line which I have attempted to do when I was on the SASP and what I still do leading the reapers. I Like the idea Isper was saying going off the penal codes which def could help curb the emotional aspect of it the only thing I could see as a work around (which police do currently) would be stacking charges because its in the penal codes and that said person could say I was just following the codes/ charges. @vikky33 you are 1000% right I hate that people will beat COs just to be toxic. They cant break out of prison (unless approved by staff) so overall its honestly toxic and takes away from rp for cos and crims wanting to rp with them. But even when there are cos on what usually happens when everyone is not being toxic towards each other is sit at the gate and have a conversation with cos which is cool and helps pass time but what prison do you know where prisoners just sit and talk to cos for hours?  What I think could help curb the aggressive time and fines would be setting a max in server rules (example 60 min/ 20k fine) and if a police officer wanted to book more time because said criminal was being toxic, rude or just giving over all shit rp they do /help to reach out to a member of staff so that member can spectate the person and see the overall interaction. This does two things one it helps prevent stacking and ooc salt on the police side and two it holds the criminal accountable for their rp toward police and that could even be a temporary rule until new development occurs but then you also run the risk of us repeating this conversation.  I 1000% agree it should be a staff members job to dish out and type of punishment for bad role play and so forth but I don't not agree that the common player on the server should have the power to punish anyone by sending them in a box for 2hrs and controlling anyone's rp because the feel they were wronged.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.