Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to USA Realism RP

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Join SASP Today!

Interested in become a state trooper? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the SASP family today!

Join the BCSO Today!

Interested in become a sheriff's deputy or correctional officer? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the BCSO family today!

Join LSFD Today!

Interested in becoming a paramedic, nurse, or doctor? Want to help save lives? Join the LSFD family today!

Couldn't agree with you more. We shouldn't have people who provide rp sitting in a technical "timeout" room for much more than 1 hour. It is way too long . Multiple times I have been sentenced to over 100 minutes in a big box not being able to do what I am using my slot in the server for, which is RP. I have been sentenced to 400 months before.  that is well over SIX HOURS. that is HALF OF A RESTART CYCLE. that is ridiculous. I would much rather see a 60-70 limit as @Jr writer/Alonzo Harrissaid.

• I Like it! 2

Also ive heard a lot of people telling me not to even post this because nothing will be done about it I find it sad that people feel they cant voice their opinion because they feel it will be ignored and pushed to the side. Like i said this is our community and I think everyone's voice should matter no matter what the issue/ opinion is, We def should be supporting each other than breaking others opinions down 

• I Love it! 1

Wow I couldn’t agree more. Not even 200 months, but at the highest level the commissioner and the sheriff can appoint 240 MONTHS to criminals trying to RP. Not only does 240 months put you in a room with basically no interaction because COs seem to never be on duty or in the intake room, but you also get on a GAME to sit the for 4 HOURS because you choose to make an RP opportunity for yourself and it went south. OOC salt and just being in a bad mood can get cops to automatically give the max time and fine they can. That is not fun for criminals. Like stated by Junior, cops LOSE NOTHING except from RP by putting criminals in jail for that long. I’ve had many cops who I personally think are top tier during the time I have been here say they prefer NOT TO GIVE that much time because it hinders RP for people who are an active part of this community getting on every day to RP. I feel it comes especially from cops without “large” criminal characters who don’t understand what it is like to spend precious REAL TIME sitting there doing, quite frankly, jack shit. I understand that times and fines are apart of criminal RP, however it is completely unneeded to be there that long. That’s why I am heavily +1 on Juniors recommendation to make the cap lower, he said 60 or 70, I’d even be fine with 100. OOC, I would NOT like to see this post COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN by multiple cops who don’t see the problem or refuse to change the way they RP. I’ve seen cops break the last straw of people’s time in this community because of their, once again quite frankly, bullshit actions.  

• I Like it! 4

I wouldn't mind keeping the current prison times, but there HAS to be a way to get your time reduced without a CO. For example, make a cloth washing job similar to the chicken factory. It's frustrating sitting in a locked cell for 1, 2, or even 3 hours with no player interaction at all. If we are not going to get interaction from COs, at least let us get our prison times reduced during this time with some kind of job in jail.

Edited by Truman
  • I Like it! 2

@Gam3Away Thank you for voicing your opinion what you stated were all valid points I had to take a 3 month break from the community because of the rp interactions with cops was so frustrating and at the time I was one of the command staff of the sasp. I'm not saying any of the cops are bad people and suck I just think when emotion get involved it shows a very flawed system for the criminal who is rping.

8 minutes ago, Kian said:

RP is limited, it’s petty to give someone a higher amount of time and fine if you are salty OOC but there is an issue when it comes to changing times and fines limits because some people genuinely deserve the time and fine of charges. 

And honestly I can understand this, cause to be fair you can’t really do like 3 months for what is now a 15 month offense, as that would make jail on that level pointless. I do agree that’s it’s really cops attitude that needs to change (once again I’ve had a cop char) and that they need to avoid stacking charges and allowing OOC salt/emotions dictate time and fine when someone genuinely tried to provide good RP or in a recent trend, WEREN’T EVEN RPing WITH THE COPS.

Edited by Gam3Away
  • I Like it! 1
6 minutes ago, Kian said:

I honestly don’t know what can change in the system other than the attitudes of cops in the server... it’s nobody’s fault, it’s just an attitude that has been built up over time that I don’t see changing honestly. It’s too much of a norm now for police as a group of people. 

The norm needs to be changed.. the cops have everything here, and I get that they deal with shitheads all the time, but that doesn't mean that those who provide something good for the RP should be sat in time out of 2-6 hours. If there is an investigation and the person literally hands the investigation to the investigator for the sake of the RP, why is it that they receive such ridiculous times?

there needs to be some kind of enforcement on Cop abuse. I love the cops and crims here but this is getting wack

@Kian having a server rule with a limit could stop attitudes. Emotions should not dictate someones rp thats not right and one person should not have that amount of power over someone without checks and balances. Also i agree some people def deserve that time but that could enhance the DOJ rp and go through a court hearing maybe even a bail system then a trial . We could start being very creative with rp with minor changes and def create great stories. I mean come on who doesnt like seeing terry jenkins defend himself in court of law

• I Love it! 1

why not just make it automated innit. u plug the charges in and off they go for the set amount of time obviously making the times for charges reduced then bam no salty ppl can decide weather u stare at a wall for hours on end just coz they r mad u shot them... idk would be ez and then u dont have to change the way ppl think (although its necessary) 

• I Like it! 1

I have honestly thought about pushing for a suggestion of a limit to 70 months WITHOUT a  trial in court... but we don’t have enough judges available US times nor attorneys to do a bench trial kind of system. Nobody should be in jail for more than an hour in my opinion without having an impartial party having a say. 

• I Like it! 2
31 minutes ago, Jr writer/Alonzo Harris said:

@Stray Its not a terrible idea but then you run in to the issue of the cops stacking charges which definitely happens because of ooc hence how the are able to produce such high prison time

--- yes i agree the rule needs to be there too but this way its more enforceable by not giving them the opportunity to change it yk

Or we could make it policy rather than have a server rule written on it. I also feel like there isn't much factored into this suggestion, sure cops do get upset and that def does go towards jail times, but most of the time someone will shoot at the whole police force and then get max fine and then they'll raise the point it's from OOC.

I like the times we have right now but we do need something that crims can do whilst in prison. 

• I Like it! 1

@Em. First i would like to thank you for giving your point of view on the suggestion even tho you are partial wrong about the "salt fest" Wallis 1000% antagonizing the situation to where it led to where it did. That's neither here or there because that not what this is about. I will say you are correct to a point because my time in the blank box called the prison did help me reflect on a broken system and how they can be a better way to correct this. I'm actually glad you commented being as your one of the main culprits as you admitted to giving high time and fines (which ive heard from multiple criminal rpers also) because it offer us a look at what cops are thinking. Now with that being said the 3 example of me giving charges were extreme circumstances one was a gentlemen pulling a weapon inside mrpd when it was removed and no admin was available which I then authorized so he was sent for the max time for that action the others were more then likely based off the criminal and and the nature of the situation you could ask multiple people who have ever dealt with my cop i was reasonable and didn't need to fuck people over. Mikey Green, Charles lee and Myself always stuck to a code to try to promote rp with crims and not screw them over. Your defense do the crime do the time is the easy way out to avoid a problem in the sever without crims cop rp gets real stale. Your reasoning of giving more time because someone says mean things to you (not being disrespectful when i say that) does not give the you the right to dictate someone to sit in a box for 2 hours. Do you stop playing other multiplayer games when someone says something rude to you? probably not the only difference in that situation is you don't have control and cant "show them"  or get revenge. Because that's basically what your saying is you get them back because they were mean by sending them multiple months to let them reflect on what they did. That's not your job to reprimand them or teach them a lesson if a rule is broken that is where staff gets involved and it is handled accordingly. And that is prime example that police need regulated and should not be making decision on how long someone's rp is stopped especially when that emotionally invested person is doing it out of spite. You are correct everyone has a right to good rp including cops and criminals but there needs to be a reform because police have gone to long unchecked and ill be the first to admit that when I was command staff. Its easy to say I dont get arrested on my crim when you dont main your crim so of course you don't but you can not deny there is very minimal rp in the prison when this is a rp server. Once again thank you for your input it was very insightful and im sorry your are disrespected because you are a women that more or less is a issue with the world and not the server but thank you for all the effort you put in to your rp and thank you for caring enough to comment 🙂

4 minutes ago, Jr writer/Alonzo Harris said:

@Em. First i would like to thank you for giving your point of view on the suggestion even tho you are partial wrong about the "salt fest" Wallis 1000% antagonizing the situation to where it led to where it did. That's neither here or there because that not what this is about. I will say you are correct to a point because my time in the blank box called the prison did help me reflect on a broken system and how they can be a better way to correct this. I'm actually glad you commented being as your one of the main culprits as you admitted to giving high time and fines (which ive heard from multiple criminal rpers also) because it offer us a look at what cops are thinking. Now with that being said the 3 example of me giving charges were extreme circumstances one was a gentlemen pulling a weapon inside mrpd when it was removed and no admin was available which I then authorized so he was sent for the max time for that action the others were more then likely based off the criminal and and the nature of the situation you could ask multiple people who have ever dealt with my cop i was reasonable and didn't need to fuck people over. Mikey Green, Charles lee and Myself always stuck to a code to try to promote rp with crims and not screw them over. Your defense do the crime do the time is the easy way out to avoid a problem in the sever without crims cop rp gets real stale. Your reasoning of giving more time because someone says mean things to you (not being disrespectful when i say that) does not give the you the right to dictate someone to sit in a box for 2 hours. Do you stop playing other multiplayer games when someone says something rude to you? probably not the only difference in that situation is you don't have control and cant "show them"  or get revenge. Because that's basically what your saying is you get them back because they were mean by sending them multiple months to let them reflect on what they did. That's not your job to reprimand them or teach them a lesson if a rule is broken that is where staff gets involved and it is handled accordingly. And that is prime example that police need regulated and should not be making decision on how long someone's rp is stopped especially when that emotionally invested person is doing it out of spite. You are correct everyone has a right to good rp including cops and criminals but there needs to be a reform because police have gone to long unchecked and ill be the first to admit that when I was command staff. Its easy to say I dont get arrested on my crim when you dont main your crim so of course you don't but you can not deny there is very minimal rp in the prison when this is a rp server. Once again thank you for your input it was very insightful and im sorry your are disrespected because you are a women that more or less is a issue with the world and not the server but thank you for all the effort you put in to your rp and thank you for caring enough to comment 🙂

I use PC 646 which IC is a penal code for harassment , I do give people high times and fines depending on their RP. I'm not gonna sit there and just take it on the chin like its nothing.  

I really want RP to improve and these suggestions help do so, people who just shoot to get away need to be punished because reporting them doesn't do much because they just stay good for like 2 weeks and then are back to their shitty antics.

I sometimes do feel bad for some people who are sat in the jail for awhile. 

I don't do it often only when I feel like it deems fit

• I Like it! 1

@Em. 1000% agree thats not rp and not fun when a cop does a traffic stop and get sprayed by a car full of autos terrible interaction. Same as a cop who insta tazes and cuffs no rp and not fun for any involved people need to tighten up their rp and remember this is a rp server.

It's a game lol, it goes both ways. If you provide good rp and good situations and don't recycle rp you won't get maxed. (Not targeting anyone just facts)

• I Like it! 2
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.