Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to USA Realism RP

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Join SASP Today!

Interested in become a state trooper? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the SASP family today!

Join the BCSO Today!

Interested in become a sheriff's deputy or correctional officer? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the BCSO family today!

Join LSFD Today!

Interested in becoming a paramedic, nurse, or doctor? Want to help save lives? Join the LSFD family today!

Bring back Teamspeak!!!!!

Honestly I was thinking the same thing for a while when I had sfx and music volume lower during voice communication. Ever since I changed my settings to the below I have not had issues with voices cutting out or anything like that. PS I can still play music through the current in game voice box :) 

image.thumb.png.a9e692e17e6cba500fba1ca30309387f.png

After adjusting these settings in the voice chat section adjust the volume of sfx to be acceptable for your ears. This will allow you to ensure voice chat volume is high enough compared to sfx or music and not need to have it lowered when voice chat occurs.

image.thumb.png.2cd15234aaa30fa48c7782a252782abe.png

Personally, I don't mind either of them, BUT TS has some huge benefits such as talking when tabbed out. I also experienced less bugs with TS. Every so often while using mumble I would have to turn my voice chat on and off. It's extremely inconvenient while in a active shootout or RP situation while talking is extremely important. There is no way to tell if someone can hear you or not.  

I also thought of TS being a gateway into the server, it forced people to get their mics working before doing anything else. We have so many people joining the server punching people out without even saying a word.

Edited by Truman
Extra thoughts.
  • I Like it! 2
41 minutes ago, Truman said:

Personally, I don't mind either of them, BUT TS has some huge benefits such as talking when tabbed out. I also experienced less bugs with TS. Every so often while using mumble I would have to turn my voice chat on and off. It's extremely inconvenient while in a active shootout or RP situation while talking is extremely important. There is no way to tell if someone can hear you or not.  

I also thought of TS being a gateway into the server, it forced people to get their mics working before doing anything else. We have so many people joining the server punching people out without even saying a word.

I mean you can have teamspeak running but your mic not work still. I agree its annoying you cannot talk when tabbed out but that also encourages people to be paying attention to the interactions vs what is on their other monitors. I also like not having a general chat between tsunami's to see people either complain or talk about a situation that just happened before the storm.

I personally do not feel extremely strong towards teamspeak or in game voice but I do have to say its nice not having to launch anything outside of steam and Five M to wake up in the city. No other application to update or troubleshoot when not working.

Just now, Hank Hilliams said:

--------- with the launcher everything was made so simple one click would open and connect u to FiveM and Teamspeak - also speaking while tabbed out makes it 100000% easier for cops especially as when they need to look at 10-codes or jail calculator they dont need to worry abt tabbing back in just to speak then go back to the other tab. Also in general its nice to not have to always think abt not being able to be tabbed - like when u are doing things all at once its easy to forget u cant tab out and it just becomes a pain

• I Like it! 1

Each of them have their own benefits and losses, IMO neither is perfect. Civ radios came with mumble but idk if they are also implementable with TS. I'd prefer civ radios and mumble over no civ radios and TS, plus its nice to not have to launch team speak, often alter the settings just to try to get it to work. I personally faced more bugs with TS but maybe thats just me.

Also blasting music is a major +

• I Like it! 1
1 minute ago, Stray said:

--------- with the launcher everything was made so simple one click would open and connect u to FiveM and Teamspeak - also speaking while tabbed out makes it 100000% easier for cops especially as when they need to look at 10-codes or jail calculator they dont need to worry abt tabbing back in just to speak then go back to the other tab. Also in general its nice to not have to always think abt not being able to be tabbed - like when u are doing things all at once its easy to forget u cant tab out and it just becomes a pain

I agree the launcher was nice but is broken the last time I checked. It could be updated but why when you only need Five M outside of steam which I have launched pretty much 24/7

To me its really matter of opinion. Both work, one may be considered easer for one when another finds the other easier. If it is the same resources on the city and has no effect outside of how we communicate maybe a strawpoll is need to see what the community wants.

Just now, Souly said:

Each of them have their own benefits and losses, IMO neither is perfect. Civ radios came with mumble but idk if they are also implementable with TS. I'd prefer civ radios and mumble over no civ radios and TS, plus its nice to not have to launch team speak, often alter the settings just to try to get it to work. I personally faced more bugs with TS but maybe thats just me.

Also blasting music is a major +

Exactly personal preference radios can be implemented with TS from what I understand however like you said both have downfalls and benefits neither is perfect and never will be as Five M is always changing and not perfect itself.

2 minutes ago, Stray said:

also not being able to speak while on the map is a major yikes. Especially for cops, it's often really annoying when you have to go completely silent while trying to mark an 80 and shit. Doesn't make too much of a difference for us crims other than the minor inconvenience here and there but it's still nice to have the option to talk and hear shit while tabbed out.

(For cops if you have 2 monitors, you can press t to open the skybox, then your mouse will move to the second monitor and you should still be able to hear/talk in game)

• I Like it! 1
2 minutes ago, Souly said:

also not being able to speak while on the map is a major yikes. Especially for cops, it's often really annoying when you have to go completely silent while trying to mark an 80 and shit. Doesn't make too much of a difference for us crims other than the minor inconvenience here and there but it's still nice to have the option to talk and hear shit while tabbed out.

(For cops if you have 2 monitors, you can press t to open the skybox, then your mouse will move to the second monitor and you should still be able to hear/talk in game)

I agree it sucks not being able to talk with your map open for anyone. Even pulling out your phone or opening your inventory will cut you off. I have a macro on my mouse to repeatedly hold my PTT key so it is more of a start and stop button to talk it helps with the phone and pocket cutoff but is not perfect and have to turn off and back on at times when it cuts out.

3 minutes ago, Hank Hilliams said:

I agree the launcher was nice but is broken the last time I checked.

launcher works fine now it has been fixed up!

And @Souly im almost 87% sure that civ radios are implementable with teamspeak as cop radios are so civ radios must be. Also with TS police and ems radios are labelled which makes it nice and i agree talkin while on the map is a BIG +

• I Like it! 1
1 minute ago, Stray said:

launcher works fine now it has been fixed up!

And @Souly im almost 87% sure that civ radios are implementable with teamspeak as cop radios are so civ radios must be. Also with TS police and ems radios are labelled which makes it nice and i agree talkin while on the map is a BIG +

It could be another script like the phones or something that did not allow radios with TS because add radios and break phone calls etc. So even if its possible we may not be able to have it due to another script. Yay Five M 😂

Edited by Hank Hilliams

not being able to talk tabbed out can be super annoying at times, not everyone can relate but doing police training with like training guides open in google and having to switch back and fourth constantly gets annoying, also from cop side ive noticed if in jail menu or mdt and u just slighty drag ur mouse onto other monitor not even actually tabbed out your voice doesnt work, TS IMO should definitely be brought back

• I Like it! 2
2 minutes ago, Default said:

not being able to talk tabbed out can be super annoying at times, not everyone can relate but doing police training with like training guides open in google and having to switch back and fourth constantly gets annoying, also from cop side ive noticed if in jail menu or mdt and u just slighty drag ur mouse onto other monitor not even actually tabbed out your voice doesnt work, TS IMO should definitely be brought back

I 100% wholeheartedly agree with this

• I Like it! 1

+1 Teamspeak was so so so much better , the distances you could hear peoples voices was better, radios were better , could have funny rp and stuff with the soundboard. Also when we had teamspeak I NEVER really experienced issues that being able to hear some random people that are on the other side of the city like if there right next to me.  

• I Like it! 1
1 hour ago, Default said:

Maybe a discord channel should be authorized for police training 🤔

+1 except for the use of civilian radios with mumble. Didn’t affect me when I was playing cop, but now the radios are very useful as crim. If they could get that implemented with TS I’m all for it  

31 minutes ago, Gam3Away said:

+1 except for the use of civilian radios with mumble. Didn’t affect me when I was playing cop, but now the radios are very useful as crim. If they could get that implemented with TS I’m all for it  

yeah exactly I wouldn't be able to go back to no radios on crim

One of tokovoips key features is the robust ability to implement radio's for anyone and it can honestly probably do it better then mumble, crim radio's have always been a possibility since we had toko at the start.

I personally prefer TS, I just think it sounds cleaner 

I miss TeamSpeak but I also don’t really mind or pick between either, I’m not fussy as long as I can talk to people and have proper conversations with them!

Two things I miss is the soundboard and listening to admins talking shit to each other during server restart 😂

Edited by Kian

Bring TS back. Cutting out would happen less. Randomly not hearing people wouldnt happen. People could play music for free for parties. There are so many reasons. Mini, please bring this back

• I Love it! 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.