Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to USA Realism RP

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Join SASP Today!

Interested in become a state trooper? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the SASP family today!

Join the BCSO Today!

Interested in become a sheriff's deputy or correctional officer? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the BCSO family today!

Join LSFD Today!

Interested in becoming a paramedic, nurse, or doctor? Want to help save lives? Join the LSFD family today!

Body Armor Improvement

Right now when you are wearing body armor you still get wounds to your body when shot. I think that the body armor should make you immune to body shots at least for a few shots. If you get shot in the legs, arms, or head you should still get wounded. This would make the armor better. Also even when using body armor you will bleed out if shot in the body which doesn't make since. This would make the body armor better and it would be an improvement for cops in the city. Cops get shot a lot in the body when dealing with criminals. This would reduce the amount of time they need to be in pillbox.

• That's funny! 1
On 11/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, Joe Late said:

Right now when you are wearing body armor you still get wounds to your body when shot. I think that the body armor should make you immune to body shots at least for a few shots. If you get shot in the legs, arms, or head you should still get wounded. This would make the armor better. Also even when using body armor you will bleed out if shot in the body which doesn't make since. This would make the body armor better and it would be an improvement for cops in the city. Cops get shot a lot in the body when dealing with criminals. This would reduce the amount of time they need to be in pillbox.

Kind of disagree in a sense that people would abuse it , Maybe reduce the damage that it does when your armoured up. Because rn body armour works for the whole body so a shot in the foot hurts you but still takes armour off

• I Like it! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

what is with this "people can abuse it so no" mentality we have in the suggestions?

people can abuse the /impound command but we have it

people can abuse the f8 quit command but we have it

people can abuse literally almost all of our scripts.

Just because something can be abused doesn't mean it needs to be shot down. Its a very simple concept. punish those who abuse things and let the good people keep using them. I think its a great idea for Body armor to stop you from getting puncture wounds to the bodily areas. I dont even know what you mean by "it can be abused" You get shot, the body armor stops it. Theres no abusing that.

+1

• That's funny! 1
3 hours ago, Vilesque said:

what is with this "people can abuse it so no" mentality we have in the suggestions?

people can abuse the /impound command but we have it

people can abuse the f8 quit command but we have it

people can abuse literally almost all of our scripts.

Just because something can be abused doesn't mean it needs to be shot down. Its a very simple concept. punish those who abuse things and let the good people keep using them. I think its a great idea for Body armor to stop you from getting puncture wounds to the bodily areas. I dont even know what you mean by "it can be abused" You get shot, the body armor stops it. Theres no abusing that.

+1

They do, does anything get done about it not all the time. 

But I'm just pointing out that people will abuse it. I didn't shoot the suggestion down I POINTED out that its another thing that will be abused. People will spam the absolute shit out of it to gain an ADVANTAGE of not getting downed. Like abusing it prevent someone getting your gun. 

Sorry If I'm hurting your feelings by "Shooting" down these suggestions but people moan about rules being broken when you blatantly said there's no abusing the armour/ But if its in the  hot key system you can keep putting the armour on.

Maybe reduce the damage that bullets do to the torso if you have armour applied. but  If you see people abusing the scripts in the server maybe report it.

+1 to the idea of Bulletproof vests being improved.

I however believe that bulletproof vests should do the following:
Reduce damage value of bullets slightly
Reduce injury to class 1 blunt impact (From a class 2 high speed projectile wound)
Become ineffective after taking 2 or 3 bullets (or ONE shotgun shot, if enough pellets hit the wearer's torso)

When being shot by a Heavy Pistol / Heavy Revolver / 50 Cal / Any Shotgun, the wearer is knocked off their feet.
(PowerGame / FailRP rulebreak if an RPer immediately gets up shooting after being knocked down)

Edit: As for concern about bulletproof vest abuse- Apply an animation and timer for actions such as putting on (and discarding) a vest. Make it possible in viable RP situations, but eliminate spamming the item.

Edited by Cory Lahey
  • I Like it! 1

Body armor won't always protect you from every single bullet as some may go through depending on the weapon or body armor as it all varies realistically. I personally think how the body armor works now is great! It still protects you from going down faster as it's pretty much equivalent to having double the health, although the armor status bar goes down no matter where you're shot, thus it's balanced in my opinion. Anyway, when you log onto playing in the server, you're signing up to have to eventually sit in the beds of Pillbox especially if you're a cop or gang member as the amount of gunplay that occurs is absurd.  :) -Monthly Replies of @roiice 

• I Like it! 2
  • I Love it! 1

Agreed, Myself and 3 others used police armour in a shootout yesterday and it literally makes you last 2x as long as you usually do

Mr Charlie Brown speaking factual statements here ladies and gents :) 

• I Like it! 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.