Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to USA Realism RP

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Join SASP Today!

Interested in become a state trooper? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the SASP family today!

Join the BCSO Today!

Interested in become a sheriff's deputy or correctional officer? Enjoy law enforcement? Join the BCSO family today!

Join LSFD Today!

Interested in becoming a paramedic, nurse, or doctor? Want to help save lives? Join the LSFD family today!

Pretty sure there is a huge thread someplace on the website made by MikeyGstrang. Personally playing cop and criminal i can 100% see where your are coming from. It would 100% improve Crim RP. but i dont think its EVER going to happen

• I Like it! 1
11 minutes ago, Jafari said:

Solution: Add timestamps and group chats to the phones.

Though, that's more dev work instead of reworking a premade radio script.  

I honestly do believe that adding radios for civs, would facilitate communicating with eachother. For an example, I always have to individually text the 4 people I always roll with, to meet me at Legion, one by one. It gets annoying after a while. And this is just one of the things.

Adding radios would expand the limits of having plans for robberies. 

Though this has been discussed before. The radio will have a battery life and only being able to be used within a certain radius. 

Edited by Kladdkakan

I dont see how pulling out your phone to speak to a group in a bank robbery is better then just holding your CAPS then speak, i just dont see the point off a new phone script when the radio script is already there and it would be better and more realistic

i see both sides here

but like

realistically group chats on phones makes way more sense

you dont walk around boston or LA or literally any other major city with everyone and their mothers chihuahua with a radio

even then criminal side they are barely used

why?

radios can be tapped in to

a radio like the ones that most people think about (the ones with ##.# frequencies, not set frequencies) would be preferable, and i think we can all agree on that BUT

they would require a whole new radio system, private frequencies and public frequencies, etc etc

Those of you who are police most likely know by now that the radios are lowkey scuffy, corrections can hear tactical channels, dispatch sometimes hears ems, tac 6 (private) mixes with tow (public)

its very very scuffy as is right now, and i dont think that a radio change would be the best thing right now

feel free to tell me im wrong that last part could be a script error or a server error im just assuming

The problem is that this isn’t real life, and what most people (including myself) are looking for is a good long distance way to communicate with a larger group. Be it radios or group phone calls, it doesn’t matter.

• I Like it! 1
5 hours ago, Raven said:

i see both sides here

but like

realistically group chats on phones makes way more sense

you dont walk around boston or LA or literally any other major city with everyone and their mothers chihuahua with a radio

even then criminal side they are barely used

why?

radios can be tapped in to

a radio like the ones that most people think about (the ones with ##.# frequencies, not set frequencies) would be preferable, and i think we can all agree on that BUT

they would require a whole new radio system, private frequencies and public frequencies, etc etc

Those of you who are police most likely know by now that the radios are lowkey scuffy, corrections can hear tactical channels, dispatch sometimes hears ems, tac 6 (private) mixes with tow (public)

its very very scuffy as is right now, and i dont think that a radio change would be the best thing right now

feel free to tell me im wrong that last part could be a script error or a server error im just assuming

-
-
I get what you mean 100% but we can also argue that irl ppl are not gonna rob a bank without being able to communicate with eachother and this is where radios will be used irl. Also, as a cop the only scuff ive ever seen with radios is when people switch channels too fast then they can hear the previous channel which is a simple fix like turning it off and on again. I also quite like the idea of radios being tapped, i feel like that adds a whole other element to the rp too.

38 minutes ago, Stray said:

-
-
I get what you mean 100% but we can also argue that irl ppl are not gonna rob a bank without being able to communicate with eachother and this is where radios will be used irl. Also, as a cop the only scuff ive ever seen with radios is when people switch channels too fast then they can hear the previous channel which is a simple fix like turning it off and on again. I also quite like the idea of radios being tapped, i feel like that adds a whole other element to the rp too.

most times from what ive seen/heard theres not usually a radio system in play, most times these robberies are planned out to the color of the tile, not just thrown together last second.

if shots go off those will be heard, no real need for a radio to say that shots went off when you can *literally* hear them.

maybe instead of just thrown together last second, drive around see how many cops are on duty, get a rough estimate on how many would be responding, and roughly how fast they would get there, set up multiple plans, plan A for if this happens plan B if that happens, something like that.

A lot of times, again from what ive seen/heard there doesnt need to be too much internal communication criminal side, but at the same time obviously theres not a 100% lack of communication.

what it all comes down to, and this isnt at anyone in specific but as a general thing, most criminals just "lets rob a bank right now" or just absolute minimal planning, a lot of times theres no plan B, its just a one track game of "well i need this to happen so im not accepting any other way"

be strategic about it, it would also improve rp on both sides, make you as a criminal group look more organized, and keeps everyone on the same page.

have a messenger on the team, someone who doesnt exactly negotiate, but listens and observes, and reports to the rest of the people in the back

also ive had the radio scuff if i go too slow or too fast, if i move too slow from dispatch to corrections i hear ems, if i go too fast i hear tac 1, its just all in all scuffy

Thank you for the suggestion going to lock this one now there is several others suggestions that are in the forum for this please find them and carry on the conversation in a single place instead of several. 

This is not shutting the idea down it’s a redirect to where the conversation was already started and many of the points now are just repeats of that.