Weed Plants Growth Issues?

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I asked in the discord if there had been a change to the way weed plants grow as I had hundreds of plants die due to not being fed/watered, I was told IC that you didnt need to do this and had grown 100s of plants this way. Whilst I wasn't very happy that the plants had died, I always thought it was too easy to just plant them, wait 7 days, then harvest fully grown plants and by sheer coincidence that weed I had actually been feeding/watering a smaller batch to test if there was any benefit to feeding/watering them as I thought it would maybe give more buds per plant if they were not thirsty/hungry. That particular week the only plants to survive were the ones I had fed/watered and I was able to record how quickly the plants would get hungry/thirsty and created a rough schedule for feeding/watering based on that.

The next week I followed that same schedule and it appeared to be working, however due to the issues with red eyes and dossing etc a lot of the plants died early (even though they werent thirsty/hungry) and I spoke to an admin at the time and came to the conclusion that it wasnt a lack of feeding/watering that was the issue but the rollback/server restarts was probably to blame.

This past week however I have had another 100+ plants die and the reason I think it is a bug is due to the way/time that they have died. I have a schedule/weed docs set up (sad I know) that confirm the date planted, which dates they should be fed and watered, which dates they should be checked on and which dates/time they should be harvested. ( I can share this if needed but I am reluctant to post it here as it has info/screenshots of all of our planting areas).

To give you an example I planted 90 plants on Friday 7th August at 6pm (45) and 10pm (45) and then another 90 on Saturday 8th August at 1am (45) and 4am (45), the idea being that as they are spaced out throughout the day we would have enough time to harvest and store them before the next batch is ready. Yesterday was the day set for their first feed/watering and when I went to the plants that were planted earliest (the most grown) they were at the stage before fully grown and were thirsty and hunry (yellow/yellow). Me and a friend spent the time driving around in a mule to feed and water the plants before moving onto the next batch.

This is where we noticed an issue as the plants that were due to be harvested at 10pm were still at the infant stage and were very thirsty and hungry (red and yellow) and I couldnt work this out as surely the earlier batch should have been hungrier or thirstier than those, as they had been planted/growing longer, but we fed and watered them anyway and moved onto the next batch. When we arrived at the next batch of plants, which were due a day later than the ones first planted ( A day later as in a calendar day but in hours it was 7hrs and 10hrs later) they were all dead at infant stage.  

In addition to this plants that had been fed/watered the day before than werent due to be fed/watered again before harvesting all died, despite them being not thirsty/full less than 24hours earlier. At the time I noticed this I did /help in the hope that admin would come and see this or speak to me about it, but was told to post my concerns in here. I started to remove the dead plants but then felt it might be beneficial to leave them in place so if anyone wants me to get screenshots or show them the plants I am more than happy to.

Is there a bug with weed planting or is it something I am doing wrong?

Posted (edited)

Any randomness at this point should just be straight up removed. Also, your window to feed or water your crops, if they're going to decide it's required, should be MASSIVE. Growing weed in a video game shouldn't be a full time job, and you shouldn't be punished for being unable to log in at a given time. It doesn't create RP (on the contrary, you have to dip out of whatever you'd rather be doing so you can go tend plants by yourself) and it's not even fun, and, in fact, is just frustrating, since you can't target your feeding and watering (let alone your planting, aside from "you can plant anywhere you want, so long as it is immediately northeast of where you are standing").

I played once in another system where weed growing started from seeds (and their weight was not a big deal; you could carry a pounder's worth of plants in seed form on your person), and the plant's growth would just freeze when it reached a stage where you needed to do something. You had to bring fertilizer for one stage, water for another stage, and then finally harvest at the last stage. Interaction was triggered by proximity, and there was an indicator for what growth stage the plant was in, so you could know whether you had already fed/watered/etc. So, you could get to things when you felt like it, and interaction was proximity based instead of uh... northeast based? It was really just a superior system, in terms of weed mechanics.

Edited by valerie_v
  • That's funny! 1

So the RP you are claiming it doesn’t bring is brought by the people you don’t see having the Roleplay the people watching your grow spots the police don’t just pick up big grows they watch them and find the people that are working the plants to further the roleplay and investigate. Sadly though again another issue that you comment only on your own gains or Roleplay instead of what could be there for the greater means of different types of Roleplay within the community. Sadly if you want millions of dollars for nothing or just cars and guns a menu based server may be better placed. USA is all about looking wider and how many people can be involved into different things. Sure sometimes things are clunky and don’t work as they should fully but for having one dev that works on the platform we play on it’s fairly stable and good. There is ups and downs to everything. My best advice here is read your bugs or suggestions and think am I just moaning or am I been constructive and thinking about the wider range than me or my goals or the people directly involved with me and my goals. 

thanks for coming to my ted talk 

• I Love it! 1

To follow up to this I have another 30 plants die tonight and they changed from Not Thirsty (green) and Hungry (Yellow) to dead in front of my eyes. 

This has happened literally 2-3minutes ago....

That cant be right surely?!

• I Like it! 1

I had a weird issue with my plants where after every restart the status randomly changed. like it would be dead then after  a restart it would be full then randomly cycling through the stages like that so i just gave up on them.

I just want to give some context to what happened last night...

I arrived at the city, got food, fuel etc and then went to check on my plants, yesterday was supposed to be a checking only day as they are due to be harvested today and had been fed the night before; however, when I checked the plants that were due to be harvested first their water level was at very thirsty (red). This didnt seem right but I quickly bought a watering can and watered them all, with 2 plants dying.

I thought it would be best to check on another batch of plants that were due to be harvested 3-4 hours later...in theory they should be at a similar status or not as severe as they were planted and fed later than these plants...but when I got there the status was completely different. They were not thirsty (green for water) but hungry for food (yellow),

This didnt make any sense to me, so I started to email an admin about it as either this confirms its completely random or that there is in fact a bug, when every single plant DIED at the exact same time in front of my eyes. This doesnt make any sense either as they were planted and fed over the course of 10-15mins, so why did they all die at the exact same time.

I have tried to put my points across without sounding like I am moaning because I dont mind the fact that they need to be watered/fed, I use this as RP and have prospects check on it as part of their duties, but the whole reason I do planting on this scale is so that we can do things together as a group...harvest together, process together etc as it gives us something to do...I now have absolutely no faith that this process works and have lost in excess of 350 plants since the changes were made through no fault of my own. 

I am now logging in today to harvest 30 plants...300 buds approx...to be processed and sold with the profits being shared amongst 5-6 people that have spent hours planting, watering and feeding...when it should have been closer to 200 plants. I love trying to find the best of a situation but I am really struggling to see how is it possible to RP the loss of £100k's of profit...again!

i had a lot of plants do the same thing. I reported it but couldn't get a resolution. Mine came right after a ddos session so i wasn't sure if it was a bug or related to the dos. 

• 5 weeks later...

@Dell Dekker @Beaver An update that most likely will fix any weird plant issues you had previously will be going into the server at the next restart from now, let me know if they start to work any better for you or not then please

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.