Kladdkakan

Be able to hear panic button

As the title leads, nearby players should be able to hear a panic button go off. Its quite sickening of how some cops take this to their advantage, if they get a gun to their head, the first thing they do is pressing the panic button, which is totally fine, but when they start taking their time by slowly uncuffing, taking their hands up, taking the person out the vehicle etc.

This just strengthens less RP in that situation, since you do not know if he has pressed his panic button or not, and you're forced to speedrun this situation, which leads to both less & boring RP for both parties in that specific situation.  That's why I believe nearby players (whisper radius) should be able to hear the panic button go off, then you would know if you can take your time which would provide more RP for both parties OR have to speedrun the scenario. 

• I Like it! 1

This is not to go against your point of view but simply to inform. 

My “panic button” at work does not make a sound for the reason as I’m about to state.. it’ll probably just end up making the criminal want to shoot you.  Our buttons transmit & notify our dispatch that you’re under duress and therefore, welp.. everyone comes to find you.  For your safety and for the safety of those officers. 

most of the time you’ll hear them speeding down code 3 anyway.  IMO if you’re going to hold an officer at gun point be prepared for the rest of the force to show up.

I’m not sure whether this would do better in GP/less-böring-rp or

not.  the audible notification would then either create a more anxious, quick-reacting scenario or... who knows :o

A panic button is not audible for the officer that pressed it the audio is for the dispatch to alert them that one has been pressed so making it sound in game isn’t needed it’s intended to be a silent alarm. 

As is said above correctly you point a weapon at a officer you should be expecting other officers to be arriving to assist them as that is what will be happening. If you are acting correctly then you can prolong the Roleplay but when grabbing them you are going to need to have the interaction planned and be quick they should only be pressing it if there hands are by there sides as it’s located with the radio/belt area. 

@Jamie I do support it not being realistic, and you shouldn't be able to hear it from the officer himself that pressed it. 

So lets say there's another officer besides the panic button presser, and his partner presses the panic button, then I believe that we should be able to hear that, since that would be more realistic. Basically if someone is nearby an officer who hears a panic button, then nearby players should be able to hear that, but NOT be audible from the officer who pressed it to nearby players. 

More or less, there would have to be atleast a 2nd officer next to the panic button presser, for the hostage taker to be able to hear it. If the panic button presser is alone, then the hostage taker shouldn't be able to hear it. 

The panic button is basically a becking call for any LEO. Being kidnapped or held at gun point we would feel threatened the panic button is a way of sending dispatch a message to say that an officer is in distress or immediate danger. As said by others being able to hear it is unrealistic. It’s supposed to be a silent transmission from officer to dispatch. To be honest there’s no need for the people to be able to hear it and personally I don’t think it will strengthen RP and as Athena said it would probably make the criminal want to shoot us if they hear it :) 

There is very little sense to a criminal knowing an LEO has pressed their panic button unless it's to metagame. 

From past experience in other cities being able to hear a panic button going off creates more chaos for both the officer being held up/kidnapped 

and the criminal doing the holding/kidnapping. 

On the officers side even if they feel relived that they know they have back up on the other side it makes most angrier and tend to be more reckless and end up breaking rules to get away

or shoot the officer in anger, Athena, Jamie and Emma have said it is also very unrealistic to civilians to be able to hear it as it shouldn't really transmit a loud enough sound. 

As a criminal i do understand the frustration of feeling like all we want to do is win, but there a consequences to doing such a ballsy and risky move such as trying to kidnap or hold up an officer.

with this logic you would need to hear the radio coming too since panic button calls come from.. well the radio. But since cops have earpieces you dont hear the radio traffic either.

Posted (edited)

@Katy Bars ❤Oh, if you’ve been through with this before and the results are worse, then this idea should be scrapped 👌 I just feel like the RP from both cops and crims are at its worse right now, and if crims wont start behaving, cops wont. So i just feel like this is an never endig cycle. I just feel like the win mentalities drag the RP to ocean scrap level lol. I’m all about having fun RP, no matter win or lose, as long as everyone had its always a win. 
I just feel like its difficult to RP at the moment, since all some people care about is their money

NOTE - What I just wrote has nothing to do with being able to hear panic buttons, was just speaking generally lol.

Edited by Kladdkakan

Bad rp isn’t going to be fixed by adding in new stuff or changing much, honestly I think that hearing it wouldn’t be very realistic at all but it would help with that aspect of your rp being stolen. I think it’s up to our community to recognize the rp isn’t just for them, it’s for everyone in the server. That’s why I’m confused when people cut a situation short just by shooting. There are literally tons of possibilities with any starting point. Hearing a panic button wouldn’t fix the gp issue, but it would probably let you know that you should get the fk out of that situation before you get busted. Which would also kind of trash the rp for the rest of the force that shows up expecting to assist an officer in need. 

5 minutes ago, TrashPrince said:

Bad rp isn’t going to be fixed by adding in new stuff or changing much, honestly I think that hearing it wouldn’t be very realistic at all but it would help with that aspect of your rp being stolen. I think it’s up to our community to recognize the rp isn’t just for them, it’s for everyone in the server. That’s why I’m confused when people cut a situation short just by shooting. There are literally tons of possibilities with any starting point. Hearing a panic button wouldn’t fix the gp issue, but it would probably let you know that you should get the fk out of that situation before you get busted. Which would also kind of trash the rp for the rest of the force that shows up expecting to assist an officer in need. 

@TrashPrince Oh I def agree with you, I was just aiming towards better RP for that specific situation, but hearing how yall think of it, it doesn’t seem to be a good addition. Just quite sickening of how some cops really take their time doing what their told to. Like some of em all of a sudden doesn’t know how to put their hands up, and asks ”how do I put my hands up” even though they’ve done it multiple times before, which shows in my opinion shows what type of win mentality they have. 

• I Like it! 1

So if we had a dispatch that was active and a Job that we always had all the other units wouldn't hear the Panic button also it is the message just sent to the operators at the dispatch centre who then will clear the air and direct traffic and officers to the officer(s) that require the help the fact it goes to all is to simulate any one getting the 911 calls they are the dispatcher cause sadly we dont have the people that can always have this service active 24/7 which is sad too.

But I do see where the idea comes from but this could also disrupt all RP over the server if all were to hear this every time any panic was pressed regardless of situation or channel they are such as the different Tac Channels. 

• I Like it! 1

I do agree that it shouldn't make a sound. But that being said if you are holding a cop at gun point you should be watching their every move. So when you tell them hands up don't make any movements pressing a panic button somewhere on their body should be considered a suspicious movement. And just like how cops don't want suspects to make any sudden or sus movements criminals feel the same. Either have it be a /me suspicious movement or something that indicates it in game. You could have it as a slightly noticeable animation like the one for locking your car. Experienced robbers would know that a certain movement indicates the pressing of a panic button so it would be more of a live and you learn from it experience. In our current 'meta' Just tell the cop that if you hear sirens coming in this direction you will execute him or something idk lol

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.