Jump to content
Kladdkakan

Remove the casino & add illegal gambling

Recommended Posts

The huge amount of pressure the casino interior puts on the server currently, is insane. People are having major FPS drops the closer you get to the casino, you lose textures wherever you are, and everything loads in fairly slow. Losing roads, buildings, causing more d-sync isn't optional if you're in a pursuit or just driving in general.

The casino uses about 4-8 tables in a specific area in the casino, and all the empty space left, doesn't have any purpose. Performance wise, this is not optional at all, and its a waste of performance for the server to have a huge casino, but has almost no use. 

 

SUGGESTION 

Totally get rid of the casino, add a small hidden gambling hideout interior, that still has the gambling feature, but is illegal. This spot should not be shown on the map, and its to the police to find this area, and bust the criminals who does illegal gambling. 

 

UPSIDE 

- Better server & player performance

- Gives cops a total new scene

- Gives criminals a total new scene

 

DOWNSIDE 

- Not having a casino interior anymore

  • I Like it! 3
  • I Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

+1 my game performs horribly in and around the city because of the casino 

Edited by 3mma
  • I Like it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you made an illegal gambling spot, then how would the civilians in the city that are legal, gamble. Doing this basically makes it so that only criminals are allowed to gamble while the legal workers no longer would have the option. 

  • I Like it! 1
  • I Love it! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, juan_snow said:

If you made an illegal gambling spot, then how would the civilians in the city that are legal, gamble. Doing this basically makes it so that only criminals are allowed to gamble while the legal workers no longer would have the option. 

 

This could possibly become a low level crime, you wouldn't of course get charged as far as illegal gambling goes, more towards tickets and then eventually become charges if the police see you there multiple times.

If legal citizens would like to gamble, they'd always have the possibility to. If slot machines would opened to the public, for an example down at the pier, that would be cool. But the illegal gambling, such as blackjack, roulette craps etc, would be for the low level criminals. 

I do believe that if illegal gambling would be a thing, the odds of actually winning would have to be more accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just make a legal gambling spot, no need for a whole casino

  • I Like it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, juan_snow said:

If you made an illegal gambling spot, then how would the civilians in the city that are legal, gamble. Doing this basically makes it so that only criminals are allowed to gamble while the legal workers no longer would have the option. 

Exactly what I was thinking. What about us legal people who do like to gamble? 

  • I Like it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ghexx said:

Or just make a legal gambling spot, no need for a whole casino

Here's the thing, cops also need to scenes to investigate. Everything isn't about civilians and criminals. So illegal gambling, is mostly to add a new RP scene for the cops, and criminals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Legal gambling for everyone would be more worth it, than a new rp scene for the cops

Edited by Ghexx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ghexx said:

Legal gambling for everyone > Gambling rp scene for the cops

That does not open a new scene for the cops to investigate in hidden gambling hideouts, it would only result in cops / public being able to gamble. 

Legal gambling does not open any new RP scenes to the cops, it only opens a new scene to the public. Same goes with criminals, it doesn't open a new scene for them either. No one to have control / be the leader over the gambling spot. More or less, you have to even out things you add, either it has to open up new possibilites for cops and criminals. Or open up posibilites for only civilians. And with in mind, it has been very dry with variety for cops to do lately. So opening a totally new scene to the cops, is the best decision in my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why is it always about the criminals & cops getting fun stuff to do with more possibilities but as soon as something fun comes in for everyone who isn't a cop or criminal someone wants it changed so it is? I personally don't think anything should changed other than fixing the fact that it's lag central over there & fps drops etc. There is still RP scenarios that can happen at a fully legal gambling spot for cops & criminals. 

 

Edited by Kailynn Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just remove the casino completely. Keep the illegal gambling idea made by Klad, but also implement it so we can gamble at bars instead. Because I think the casino has messed some stuff up for some people texture wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Kladdkakan said:

That does not open a new scene for the cops to investigate in hidden gambling hideouts, it would only result in cops / public being able to gamble. 

Legal gambling does not open any new RP scenes to the cops, it only opens a new scene to the public. Same goes with criminals, it doesn't open a new scene for them either. No one to have control / be the leader over the gambling spot. More or less, you have to even out things you add, either it has to open up new possibilites for cops and criminals. Or open up posibilites for only civilians. And with in mind, it has been very dry with variety for cops to do lately. So opening a totally new scene to the cops, is the best decision in my mind. 

It is not only about opening new RP possibilites for cops and criminals. It would be maintained as a low level crime of gambling, and would only result in tickets if you’re caught. But of course, its still illegal. But with in mind, the RP for cops at the moment is very dry, and without cops being motivated to RP, criminals wouldn’t even exist. 
 

An optional idea, would be to open 2 different gambling spots, 1 for legal citizens which has lower stakes of actually winning in the different gambling minigames. And with another spot, which is for the criminals, but where the stakes of winning is fairly higher in the gambling minigames compared to the legal spot.


I do get where you come from though, but the latest feature was legal trucking, maybe its time for an illegal activity this time? 
 

But yes, the casino has to go eitherway! 

 

Edited by Kladdkakan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i play on a mid grade gaming laptop and i dont have issues because of the casino tbh. i like the casino and wish theyd actually add more games to play. but that is just my opinion. and like @Kailynn Smith said, it something for everyone, not just cops and crims. i say keep it.

  • I Love it! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KrownedGuardian said:

i play on a mid grade gaming laptop and i dont have issues because of the casino tbh. i like the casino and wish theyd actually add more games to play. but that is just my opinion. and like @Kailynn Smith said, it something for everyone, not just cops and crims. i say keep it.

It does not matter what PC you have if you’re experiencing texture loss, its how FiveM runs ir. You could have a monster PC, but would still have the same issue. Either way, the casino needs to go, majority of the players have huge performance issues with it, and it doesn’t run easy on the servers performance either. You may experience that things load in slowly, its because of the casino. 

The casino also removes the possibility to ever add custom vehicles and more custom interiors / exteriors, because the casino takes a huge dump on the servers performance and our textures.

 

Server and player performance should ALWAYS be top prio, since it prevents people from actaully being able to play smoothly or even at all. 

Edited by Kladdkakan
type
  • I Like it! 1
  • I Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chewy Long-Jr said:

why not have both but with the illegal you can bet drugs and cash. cops can raid and stuff

This ^^^ 

  • I Like it! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in mirror park and struggle every time I even come out of my door to my house now due to the casino, hell I got arrested by a helicopter I couldnt even see or hear due to the casino loading 6 blocks away.  It is 60-120 times the size on the server of any other item and all it has is 2 blackjack tables no one can win at.... I really am confused on the point of it honestly.  Talk about strain with custom cars, yet give cops custom cars and give us a laggy casino and excuses :/ 

And before my PC's rendering specs and internet connection are brought up, my setup is as follows

 

Google Fiber 900mbps-1000mbps at all times

Ryzen Threadripper CPU

32 gigs ripsaw 3600 ram

Installed on SSD

and running RTX2080 ti.....

 

its not render issues.  

 

Im all for adding new features over import cars.  I really am, it was just an example that is easily comparable.  Dont mean it to sound shitty.  We need more long term items/professions we can rank up in, Investment oppertunities, a list of businesses(mods that can be added easily to server) that we can invest in, hell even a stock market.  We DO NOT need a casino that is fun for 5 minutes once a week.

  • I Like it! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, xgnarkillepsy said:

I live in mirror park and struggle every time I even come out of my door to my house now due to the casino, hell I got arrested by a helicopter I couldnt even see or hear due to the casino loading 6 blocks away.  It is 60-120 times the size on the server of any other item and all it has is 2 blackjack tables no one can win at.... I really am confused on the point of it honestly.  Talk about strain with custom cars, yet give cops custom cars and give us a laggy casino and excuses :/ 

And before my PC's rendering specs and internet connection are brought up, my setup is as follows

 

Google Fiber 900mbps-1000mbps at all times

Ryzen Threadripper CPU

32 gigs ripsaw 3600 ram

Installed on SSD

and running RTX2080 ti.....

 

its not render issues.  

 

Im all for adding new features over import cars.  I really am, it was just an example that is easily comparable.  Dont mean it to sound shitty.  We need more long term items/professions we can rank up in, Investment oppertunities, a list of businesses(mods that can be added easily to server) that we can invest in, hell even a stock market.  We DO NOT need a casino that is fun for 5 minutes once a week.

I totally I agree with you, the casino at this point is just getting worse, my FPS has been dropping slightly day by day since it got added. Getting close to the casino is a death trap, and lets not speak about roads not loading in, causing people to fall through the ground multiple times. I myself played for about 20 minutes, fell through the ground 8 times in the span of those 20 min. 

 

It is NOT worth losing this much server performance just for some blackjack. I rather play on the server without a casino, than falling through the ground. 

  • I Like it! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...