SUPREME COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI

Zane Mcclain,

Plaintiff(s)

v.

The State,

Defendant(s)

I. Background:

Zane Mcclain ( @BJK1908 ) has received the death penalty in a rehearing of the verdict. We will be filling an appeal of the death penalty sentencing of my client Zane Mcclain. 

II. Allegations:

We will be filling a direct appeal which is mandatory to give my client for receiving a death sentence verdict.

III. Resolution Sought:

Looking for Life in prison with the chance of parole after being medically cleared by a mental heath doctor.

IV. Notaries:

Notary of Plaintiff(s): I, Zane Mcclain, certify that the information contained herein is both truthful and submitted based upon the best of my knowledge. I also accept a 10% fee of all requested reparations in the event this case goes to trial and is later dismissed.

Notary of Legal Counsel: I, Vince Scolioni, certify that I have been present and reviewed the information contained herein, and that it is proper in legal recourse. I also certify I will serve the State of San Andreas to the best of my ability as legal counsel of the Plaintiff(s).

Edited by Chewy Long-Jr

I will be moving this to the Supreme Court section. 

@Chewy Long-Jr Before the Supreme Court reviews this appeal case, what are the grounds for appeal? 

If the appeal proceeds, Eric Woodall, representing the state.

@jay17 / @Chewy Long-Jr 

please tell me the earliest y’all could be available to make this happen.  Also someone please tag Zane.

13 minutes ago, TravisTaps said:

@jay17 / @Chewy Long-Jr 

please tell me the earliest y’all could be available to make this happen.  Also someone please tag Zane.

Earliest I could do is Tuesday

usalaw.png.382a3dca4b93d42e629e46c7586ee059.png

NOTICE OF HEARING OF APPEAL 

Zane Mcclain,

Plaintiff(s)

v.

The State,

Defendant(s)

This request for appeal is here and by docketed for Friday the 24th of July at 1900 CDT.
The following will be heard:

• The sentence of Death that has been applied in prior ruling by Superior Court of San Andreas

@Cas / BCSO Corrections - we are looking to hold this at the Court House in closed session but am open to hearing recommendations from BCSO / SASP as far as recommendations on this topic to ensure the safety of everyone involved. 

I will try to meet in the city about recommendations. If this doesn’t happen i’ll write up recommendation over email!

Due to availability this hearing took place over telecon.  Judges will be in deliberation and will supply the panel's findings / response henceforth. 

thanks

Zane Mcclain,

Plaintiff(s)

v.

The State,

Defendant(s)

NOTICE 

The panel of judges has heard from both sides of this matter and has completed deliberation on this case.  The finding of the panel will be released as soon as possible (OOC: Pending a response from somone).  The finding were unanimous by the following Judges:

Chief Justice Travis Tapps

Associate Justice Reece Middleton
Judge Alister Sterling

Judge Sheila Bekowitz 

NOTE:  Judge David Tindell was present but did not provide opinion or vote as the appeal was based on his initial ruling. 

****** IMPORTANT OOC NOTICE******
Howdy Everyone,

It is important that everyone understands the following.  This case has been a first for this server.  Some things went well and other things did not.  It has been a great learning experience.  With that said it is CRITICAL that folks understand a couple things.

1. This Server will NEVER force a person to kill off their character.  
  2. When ever a situation like this comes up we want the DA, LEO, and the person involved to have the story and RP that benefits all of them.
    1. This means that we want the LEO and the DA's to RP and push charges they feel are warranted w/ out having to worry about OOC implications
    2. We want the defendant to also RP out the situation as far as pushing back and defending themselves and getting their day in court if they want. 
  3. EVERYONE should know that:
    1. When the death sentence is possible I (ONLY myself or a member of staff) have a direct (and often multiple) OOC conversation(s) w/ the effected party where I ask how they would like to proceed. 
    2. IF they want to ensure their story will continue I watch and ensure (only inject myself if necessary) that the outcome does not inadvertently lead to their execution. 
    3. IF they want to roll w/ the RP and are happy w/ the outcome then we go from there.
    4. The KEY point is that it is never us v them or trying to bully someone.. trust me the individual is consulted all the way through. (no... they dont get to negotiate their sentence ;).
  4. The other thing is speed.. 
    1. This was a learning instance and I fully respect and thank Zane for playing along.  We could have not gotten this far w/ out him and he has been a great sport through all of it.  
    2. We have sense done things that if a jury trial is needed we have people on standby
    3. We are working to build more defense attorneys
    4. We are working to ensure the DA's office is running smoothly.
    5. We work in corroboration w/ the LEO organizations to provide them help
    6. and MOST importantly we continue to push for neutrality in the Justice system to ensure that the people and justice is equally served. 
    7. We will do our best to accommodate as much as we can but there are city limits from time to time that make this hard.

My door is ALWAYS open.. I am pretty easy to talk to and welcome feedback in DM's or directly.  

Thanks as always and much love

TravisTapps / Richard Strecklin... call me (OOC: Micah).

Edited by TravisTaps
  • I Like it! 2

Zane Mcclain,

Plaintiff(s)

v.

The State,

Defendant(s)

APPEAL FINDINGS

Let it be known that on this the 25th day of July 2020 that the Supreme Court of San Andreas, having fully reviewed all testimony, evidence, and statements presented to the panel in regards to the Appeal of the sentence of DEATH by Judge David Tindell do submit the following findings:

- In the matter of the sentence of DEATH this panel finds to UPHOLD the sentence of Judge Tindell. 

The sentence shall be carried out Saturday the 1st of August 2020 at 2100 CDT.

This  hearing is now closed.

• I Like it! 2
  • That's sad! 2