Whitelisted system for gangs

Hey all!

So as the title says we kinda need some rules set out for gangs and only whitelisted gangs can be around in the server. Meaning the leader applies for the gang to be a thing within the server as currently you have everyone making a gang and doing useless shootouts at places for no reason like burgershot. Civs go there to grab food so do LEO's and EMS it shouldn't be a place two gangs are fighting because someone is wearing one mask and the other isn't. We did have this system back in the server a LONG time ago when we didn't have enough staff on at all times of the day/night and now we do i'd like to see this return as hopefully the rules regarding whitelisted gangs will force the leaders to get rid of trouble makers and follow server rules. This will also hopefully force correct roleplay instead of gun play because right now some gangs are just gunplay over roleplay but don't get me wrong i'm not trying to stop gunplay completely because i understand it can be fun sometimes when its in the correct scenario but all the time is just a little ridiculous. I get that it will be a little extra work for the staff but it should help keep the server as realistic as possible hence the name "USA REALISM ROLEPLAY" as IRL you don't see gang members shooting everyone at a restaurant 24 hours of the day.

• I Like it! 1

It isn’t necessarily gangs that are mostly causing shit it’s just a set group of people, like at burger shot people are chillin and then there are like 5-10 certain people who aren’t in gangs just a friend group just come and start shit, now I’m not saying everyone else is innocent but maybe if the people starting the shit got punished more instead of a verbal warning or 15 months in prison they would think twice about startin shit, so instead of fully whitelisting gangs maybe just crack down on them harder cause they got off so easy at times

• I Like it! 1

not trying to come off as a dick but have you mained a criminal RP character where you are on it 14 hours a day in the city? Have you ever lived in Los Angeles California do you understand gang/hood mentality? You do know that not every crime that happens is reported to the police IRL right? There is nothing in the server that warrants whitelisting gangs. that will not stop the GP you are talking about. Also what do you think would happen if you are out talking shit it a gang banger like you are a god and nothing will happen to you. you are not special to them they dont care about you only there family (gang). if anyhting the server needs to go back to 100% whitelisting not just for gangs thats how you are going to fix the RP

• I Like it! 1

Yeah that’s not gonna happen.. why tf would we ever have a WL only server? Especially at a time like this with all the server growth. I’ve been here since we couldn’t even fill a 32 slot server. Trust me, whitelist only will not fix any rp especially since the bad rp is coming from “seasoned” players who have a win mentality. There is no getting rid of gp>rp until people stop having a win mentality. Role play isn’t about real life, but when every other week it’s the exact same copy and paste concept of “I want to be a big bad criminal” it gets old. People are here, we have a big server. Whitelisting gangs won’t fix anything especially considering with all the new people they will just commit crimes as “friends who dress the same” 

Role play is about real life in a realism server just not your personal real life situation. the point is to realistically role play a different life style. but its a video game and so some IRL things need to take a back burner for the server to function and peoples feelings not get hurt so they  keep coming back. The win mentality is human nature not everyone in the server will be in the same mood at the same time. The world is not perfect. the server growth i've seen is great and its taking a drop right now from people getting banned and good RPrs leaving do to the current state of things. its how you show your RP some servers that are very popular have never been open and always whitelist only and constant ques in the server. so you cant say it wont work. it would take a community effort to show people outside the city via streams, vods, etc. The server is at the point its possible to pull off but to much of a gamble at the moment. I'm in the server for many hours a day every day of the week. i go though my cycles of different RPrs through out the night. some of them are amazing RPrs and their scenarios get ruined by people or even their events get ruined by the same kind of people. Shit even having a second server that is whitelisted and you need to earn your way into from playing on the public server would be good. even at 3:25 AM which is 5 min before a tsunami for me the server still has 45 people in it which is over max of some servers.  I get it you couldn't fill a 32 slot server in the past. well the server has grown and that just not the case anymore. Whitelisting gangs would only change things and be beneficial to the server if they get something out of it. like only reapers can do the meth process with red phos. non reapers can only make white meth. Only bloods can purchase and/or craft automatic guns to be sold on the streets, only outlaws can cut and distribute coke. only crips can turn weed into hash, anyway you get the point.  

• I Like it! 1

I get exactly what you’re saying and where you’re coming from, I just personally can’t see it being pulled off successfully without us losing more people. I truly wish we could have a more dedicated/respectable community, with some of the things I see being just downright trash rp like (I hate using this example) “you wear (color) and I wear (Other color), therefore I will now commence shoot shoot” is literally the most garbage thing I have ever seen in my life, I see this being less of a dev issue than of a community issue. Stricter eyes on who gets into a gang by the gang leader perhaps, maybe we all as a community should just promote good rp. I wasn’t trying to sound disrespectful with my last comment, just frustrated about the issues since I feel like it shouldn’t be an ongoing conversation. 

• I Like it! 1

Now that’s not to say our community isn’t respectable, just some bad eggs is all

• I Like it! 1

Thank you for the suggestion guys locking this now it was a thing in the past it still doesn’t prevent new people from making an unofficial gang that is what you are trying to combat but we as staff are not going to stop people who want to roll as 4 friends and call them self the blackie chan gang not be able to and take action against them that is limiting Roleplay. We all need to remember what been new is like and show these people what good Roleplay looks like and step our games up and move the hell out of burger shot and head back to your gang territory again cause terry Jenkins hitting up all your girls while you at burger shot. 

• That's funny! 3