Jump to content
Odreazy

Free passage should be limited to a certain number a day

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

when i watch streams  or  join a robbery   i feel like free passage is always asked for  and is  given like  90% of the time.    i feel like to add a  higher risk - reward type of thing , free passage should be  limited  either by  ____ amount of times  a day per person, or as a community pool. this  forces  criminals to get more  creative on demands and what not and have to  think about , "what do i do now to get past this obstacle ".  its funny watching some  serial  robbers   repeatily ask for   free passage, thats boring and  im sure wont happen  in most cases IRL.   i feel like this would  definitely liven up the content on both sides of  streams.  

 

i get that  criminals want to "win" the  situation at hand. but  lets make this more entertaining 

 

Edited by Odreazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know for a fact that both SASP and BCSO are giving less free passage since its lazy RP most times. However, some people think its a cop winattitude and makes them shoot at either us or the hostage.

 

Trust me the PDs try just not all crims are willing to do anything else but ask for free passage

  • I Like it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More recently they stopped giving every person free passage. I had a character that got told to give ids over and drop guns for free passage and another robbery got straight up denied. I don’t think you should limit free passage at all, it doesn’t make any sense to. If the cops want to deny it that’s their decision (even tho they should value the hostages life, that’s another conversation for a different thread). You say it’s boring, but if criminals have fun doing it so be it. That’s their decision and the great thing about RP servers THEY chose what they do to have fun.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cas the reason crims ask for free passage is because police say 1 hostage 1 request. I would be 100% down to role play it out draw out the situation, but with 1 request I can’t get anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fabio James said:

@Cas the reason crims ask for free passage is because police say 1 hostage 1 request. I would be 100% down to role play it out draw out the situation, but with 1 request I can’t get anywhere.

 

just a reminder that IRL they will never give you free passage because vehicle pursuits are dangerous AF. It sounds harsh but its 1 persons life against thousands of people that are in danger when there's a pursuit flying 100+ mph through the city

  • I Like it! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fabio James interesting use of words THEY choose what fun they have what about the enjoyment of the Roleplay for the officers and the hostage involved I guess that doesn’t really matter because the people that had the hostage got to have fun. 

 

Let me take this a step here. So you do the very same thing all day you work in a shop pressing just one button every day you become bored of doing that at least I do. Now they give me 1 button and a book they say you can pick which one of them you wish to do. I pick the book up because it was a different choice and I was bored of just pressing the button. So now let’s convert this criminal robs a store with a hostage an officer arrives the criminal wants to have fun and have a chase the officer has been turning up all day to stores there has been a hostage and they just want a chase. The officer at this point is extremely bored of this outcome. But because he doesn’t want some one to scream you don’t value this hostage which he very much does and also he values the criminals life who right now has a reason why the officer shouldn’t just shoot him dead. So the officer has to go back to just pressing his button at work and doing the same old thing again. 

 

The suggestion it’s self is great and when it comes to value of life all the parties involved need to first and foremost value their own life. The criminal shoots the hostage the cops shoot the criminal no questions asked. Apply the question did the criminal value his/her own life I would answer no as they knew the outcome would be they would be shot. 

 

Every situation can be different and a character progresses if you are playing a character with a story more from loosing in a situation than winning as there becomes a motive and reason to why they do there next actions giving the stories chance to grow. 

 

So next time remember it maybe fun for you cause you get to have a fun chase but is the others involved bored of just pressing that same button over and over. 

 

 

  • I Like it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fabio James You also need to take into account the enjoyment of everyone at the scene of the rp. 

 

From most of the times I have responded to a robbery the first words I hear are "i have a hostage we want free passage." There are of course exceptions but you have to understand that chances are, five minutes ago we just gave someone free passage and the chances are, there demands were the exact same as yours.

 

You shouldn't go into a robbery with the mentality that you get free passage or nothing. Also keep in mind if you use someone who is suspected to be an illegitimate hostage, chances of you getting free passage declines.

 

Just for fun let's talk about the realism aspect.

Realistically, if you are carrying an assault rifle as well as your friends being armed to the teeth but only have a single hostage, law enforcement would much sooner see that gun taken away from you before giving you free passage which is where the "drop your weapons" demand comes from, not only does it ensure LEO safety but it also protects citizens you would run into.

 

A simple way to avoid the hassle of bartering about free passage is put an actual fun plan into action that everyone can get on board with and not just you getting free passage and then burrowing into the sewers after a minute.

 

I'd personally love to see more diversity when it comes to people asking for free passage, I love (as well as many others) interacting with the swedes like Lenny, Dave, Glenn and Klaus because I know they have something we can enjoy.

 

====

As for the overall suggestion I like the concept of not giving free passage every single time because by allowing criminals to get away **every** time they have a hostage it has set this idea of normality that if you have a hostage you can easily get away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think people should just be more realistic in general. It also depends on who the Criminal is and who the Cop is. I have had 3 hostages once, and been tackled mid negotiations with an AP. I have had 1 hostage and had great negotiations. It really varies on who is on each side. 

 

I also don't think a lot of things are realistic in the server and could be fixed. Negotiating for a cop to dance and sing is not realistic at all all though it can be fun to some. Robbing a store with a bat and expecting cops to value your hostage is also not very realistic. The cops would beanbag/taze/shoot you. I think that at Bank Robberies and other Hostage Situations, the cops should value the lives of the hostages extremely however, when there is not a gun on the hostage or the hostage takers leave the hostage alone, the cops should be ready to move in and secure them, and shoot the hostage takers. I have done this myself on cop and it has worked out many times. 

 

Overall, making silly demands is not realistic in my opinion, and there isn't much else to negotiate for as we can't ask for money for hostages in this server. I don't know what else you want us to ask for. I do agree however having 1 hostage and expecting free passage at a Bank Robbery is not the best and can be denied and there is no issue with that as long as the cops understand the hostage will die. The cops will also get shot, and the criminals may get shot. I can either win the gunfight, or lose it. That is only based off of skill and luck. Once the shootout starts it all fate. 

 

Also adding that if I am denied free passage and a SWAT Team that is organized with a proper breach and team, I give them props and don't mind. I think it's great as I used to be SWAT in other servers and it adds a lot more fear into Criminals RP when they know there is a Full SWAT Team outside stacked up. Just more realistic than a couple patrol units breaching with no organization and spraying AR's. 

Edited by Ruben Little
  • I Like it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think every situation can be handle differently but for example someone robbing the big bank and they have all 3 hostages in front door with only one criminal watching the 3 hostages while the other 3 crims are running around the bank you can send it a swat team to take down the guy in the front door and take away all the leverage the crims had. I feel like people should plan better the robberies it would make it more fun for all parties cops gets better interaction instead of just sitting in the front waiting for the people to be done and just ask for free passage also I don't think it should be done every time to be sending in officers to breach but if you have an easy chance to end it without the hostages being harm it should be done just keep the crims on edge most of the time the crim is not even pointing the gun at the hostages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cas said:

 

just a reminder that IRL they will never give you free passage because vehicle pursuits are dangerous AF. It sounds harsh but its 1 persons life against thousands of people that are in danger when there's a pursuit flying 100+ mph through the city

IRL you dont get 1 request per life. Lets not pick and chose what we want to be realistic and what we dont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jamie said:

@Fabio James interesting use of words THEY choose what fun they have what about the enjoyment of the Roleplay for the officers and the hostage involved I guess that doesn’t really matter because the people that had the hostage got to have fun. 

 

Let me take this a step here. So you do the very same thing all day you work in a shop pressing just one button every day you become bored of doing that at least I do. Now they give me 1 button and a book they say you can pick which one of them you wish to do. I pick the book up because it was a different choice and I was bored of just pressing the button. So now let’s convert this criminal robs a store with a hostage an officer arrives the criminal wants to have fun and have a chase the officer has been turning up all day to stores there has been a hostage and they just want a chase. The officer at this point is extremely bored of this outcome. But because he doesn’t want some one to scream you don’t value this hostage which he very much does and also he values the criminals life who right now has a reason why the officer shouldn’t just shoot him dead. So the officer has to go back to just pressing his button at work and doing the same old thing again. 

 

The suggestion it’s self is great and when it comes to value of life all the parties involved need to first and foremost value their own life. The criminal shoots the hostage the cops shoot the criminal no questions asked. Apply the question did the criminal value his/her own life I would answer no as they knew the outcome would be they would be shot. 

 

Every situation can be different and a character progresses if you are playing a character with a story more from loosing in a situation than winning as there becomes a motive and reason to why they do there next actions giving the stories chance to grow. 

 

So next time remember it maybe fun for you cause you get to have a fun chase but is the others involved bored of just pressing that same button over and over. 

 

 

The officers and the hostage also chose how they have fun in the same situation, if the cops dont allow it so be it. The hostage dies and a gun fight happens. Im saying why make a rule where you limit peoples RP. It should be up to the officer to decide if the hostages life is worth free passage or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ruben Little said:

I think people should just be more realistic in general. It also depends on who the Criminal is and who the Cop is. I have had 3 hostages once, and been tackled mid negotiations with an AP. I have had 1 hostage and had great negotiations. It really varies on who is on each side. 

 

I also don't think a lot of things are realistic in the server and could be fixed. Negotiating for a cop to dance and sing is not realistic at all all though it can be fun to some. Robbing a store with a bat and expecting cops to value your hostage is also not very realistic. The cops would beanbag/taze/shoot you. I think that at Bank Robberies and other Hostage Situations, the cops should value the lives of the hostages extremely however, when there is not a gun on the hostage or the hostage takers leave the hostage alone, the cops should be ready to move in and secure them, and shoot the hostage takers. I have done this myself on cop and it has worked out many times. 

 

Overall, making silly demands is not realistic in my opinion, and there isn't much else to negotiate for as we can't ask for money for hostages in this server. I don't know what else you want us to ask for. I do agree however having 1 hostage and expecting free passage at a Bank Robbery is not the best and can be denied and there is no issue with that as long as the cops understand the hostage will die. The cops will also get shot, and the criminals may get shot. I can either win the gunfight, or lose it. That is only based off of skill and luck. Once the shootout starts it all fate. 

 

Also adding that if I am denied free passage and a SWAT Team that is organized with a proper breach and team, I give them props and don't mind. I think it's great as I used to be SWAT in other servers and it adds a lot more fear into Criminals RP when they know there is a Full SWAT Team outside stacked up. Just more realistic than a couple patrol units breaching with no organization and spraying AR's. 

I agree it could get boring with cops, but what i meant by they chose how to have fun, it also means the cops too. I have said this already in another reply but why limit rp with a certain amount of free passages. Just give it to the officer to chose. As far as cops not being able to give much is false in my opinion. The few times i have had a hostage the only thing i have ever been given is free passage even tho i asked for so many different things, like a cop car for my escape, or for a certain officer to take the hostage, even to speak to an officer who was in town at the time. didnt get anything. Officer also have the responsibility to take charge and make rp happen. Ask to give food/water to the hostage, ask about the crims personal lives, draw that shit out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Totally agree, criminals should be forced to find other escape plans, creative ones.

 

I also think the fact that criminals would start getting used to not getting free passage EVERY SINGLE TIME would enable the city to be a little safer from robberies and hostage situations because they'd really have to think the shit out.

 

I think it's a great idea.

Edited by goonwallace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the way i see it. its up to the cops if they see the same group of people robbing with a hostage and only asking for free passage and nothing else the cop can decide if they do want to agree to free passage or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has their own opinion and i get the sides to it. At the end of the day, this is roleplay. Negotiating free passage from a robbery with a hostage is what we do, that's how it works with roleplay amongst all servers.  I do agree the same rinse and repeat can get repetitive, but for roleplay having a hostage to negotiate for free passage is just what what we do.

 

With the things and supplies Criminals have to have to set up these heists (Pacific Standard, Fleeca, Jewelry Store), i never have a problem granting free passage because i know the things criminals have to do to get to that point to be able to do the heists. I as well never want to cuck someones roleplay. But people NEED to get more creative. Even if it's just the interaction on scene with the negotiator in the smallest robbery. Make small talk, crack jokes, it is all about the interaction. This is where cops get burnt out and frustrated with the same old situations. Heist, Electric Car getaway (i do not want to hear the "get better at driving" statement, the electric cars acceleration and handling to all other vehicle files are broken just like the Elegy RH8. It's too easy), hit the tunnels, air one still overhead so you repeat the process until you have to shoot cops in the tunnels.  If we really want to talk about realistic and realism for our server never granting free passage, then there is a on going list of things that would need to change immediately for the title of our server being a "realism" server to make sense in all areas of roleplay.  Criminals need to remember that YOU WOULD NOT be able to do the things you do without cops on the server. And the same goes for cops, we need criminals to have that real LEO RP. So it's all about your interactions amongst eachother. Cop to Crim, Crim to Cop. We need to always make sure we are making it fun for eachother. People who do the same old same old with no change are usually the ones who are getting denied free passage. GET CREATIVE. 

  • I Like it! 2
  • I Love it! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about creativity. My mans Jose 'The Simp' Guzman, Slavi 'The Rainbow Gang' Slava and Jason 'The Savage' STATEZOOMIN (or however you spell his name Kappa) be out here giving Cops some awesome RP. I WILL give Jose, Slavi or Jason free passage anytime if they Provide good RP. Even if they don't have a hostage. If they escape. Eff it. We had fun and we Will probably catch them sooner or later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...