Having a 311 system added so we would have both 911 and 311.

It would be used for non emergencies like irl so people can ask for firearms permits, ask for an officer at a station for a police report, warn you're waiting for an interview for police, warn corrections that you wish to visit an inmate and other non emergencies. 

It can also be used by cops and dispatch during certain situations to not interrupt radio traffic (like calling on duty if there's a situation going on) and they would be able to answer civilians with the same dispatch command. Would help PD organization and would also give another role to someone doing dispatch, as they would be answering a lot of these 311's for PD.

• I Like it! 3

I agree with this. People don't monitor twitter very closely, and if you call 911 for a non-emergency, it's a misdemeanor offense. I think 311 is a happy medium.

I would definitely give that suggestion a +1, it would also give us a way for us cops/ems to remove some radio traffic.. like for example, you clock on/clock off or even lunch breaks and such, just 311 S-3 10-7 10-42! :)

I agree. Especially when there's a pursuit or a robbery in progress, radio comms can get quite cluttered. So being able to get out non-emergent information such as that would be good as well.

I like this idea! Same with civilian radios, it totally needs to happen! 

I agree, This would help so much getting word to LEOs instead of using twitter in my experience LEO seldomly respond.

Took me a minute to figure out what 311 was (UK) but we have a similar service over here 999 for emergencies and 101 for non-emergencies.

I can definitely see this being used a lot if it was implemented in the city!

• I Like it! 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.