Agony2point0

A change to the RDM rule

Before I even typed out the title I could hear the "Gunplay over Roleplay" rhetoric being screamed at me but I beg of you, hear me out with this one. So the change that I'm suggesting is simple but difficult in practice. So I'll start this off by saying the current way that "Random DeathMatch" is being enforced is well, quite wack. For example, Gang leader A has declared war on Gang B and have been beefing for a few days. A member of Gang B catches a member of Gang A slipping, and approaches him to initiate roleplay for the inevitable shooting that is about to take place. Gang member B begins the conversatiom with a super cheesy and forced one-liner that really sets the tone for the conversation and OOC, the victim already knows what's coming. 9 times out of 10, no matter how much Gang member A tries, he can't negotiate his way out of that shooting. Naturally, you wouldn't give your enemy or rival gang a chance to retreat or to defend themselves and you shouldn't have to; as that would be against your character's traits.

So, to remedy the really forced and half-assed "initiation" to the gunplay, staff should change how they enforce the rule. If a gang war is declared, then all of the roleplay leading up to that declaration should be sufficient. If 2 characters have been building tension and "beefing" over the course of a few days or few hours, as long as there is good and sensible roleplay leading up to the shooting/stabbing/et cetera, then that "deathmatch" would not be random as there is a story behind it. Now, I know that at first this would be abused and staff would be overwhelmed with reports and such so I can understand the hesitation if there is any. It would take time to adjust but then you would have to take an extra step to consider how your character or someone else's character would react to certain situations knowing that a retaliation without warning would be imminent.

A smoother, more natural way to roleplay would emerge and there may even be a change to the attitude towards gunplay. After some time, the 10-feet tall and bulletproof characters would slowly evolve into more calculated and methodical criminals. Naturally, that plays hand-in-hand with the RP that cops are given. Smarter criminals means less "shit-lordery" and a better roleplay experience overall. This suggestion isn't a cure-all to lazy roleplayers that just want to treat the server as if it was GTAO. So let me make myself clear, I am not endorsing shit roleplay as an excuse to blindside someone you or your character doesn't like. That's not the roleplay anyone promotes or cares to be exposed to, I sure as hell do not. So I ask you, before you slap a "nay" or satirical emote on this suggestion I ask you to carefully consider the positives that could come of this and to kindly ask staff to discuss it. 

Posted (edited)

Honestly it should be discussed OOC between gangs/people if they are just going to shoot on sight people or “initiate”. If one gang declares war and the other gang doesn’t want it it puts them in a difficult spot. I do like the fact if two gangs/people are having beef then let them do drive bys or whatever, it just needs to be said ooc if that’s what is happening l. Unfortunately I don’t think most the gangs/people are mature enough to discuss their virtual beef over discord.

Edited by Fabio James

Ok so I understand your angle on this and yes it makes some sense to the real world and I can't disagree in the slightest with you there. Yes two gangs having issues is one thing but the issue with your suggestion comes at this part of the Roleplay so now Gang leaders have War perfect that is established. Gang member A is hanging with none related gang friends Gang B rolls up and shoots them all. We now have with your rule, no issue with Gang member A or B but the people with gang member A now are on the ground shot with zero roleplay to back up anything that has just happened. 

Also at the same time we have the issue of the Gangs have called war and now the gang member walking down the street is shot and was unaware yet that this war had started he/she now feels they have just been killed with no roleplay. Again we have come to an issue.

There is scope already in the current RDM rule that if you have spoken with and suggested that you are coming back to get the person then a small amount of time can elapse and you can come and Drive By shoot them it has been done effectively many times before. But you need to remember the place that it is been preformed as if you do it at places that are high pop which sadly seems to be where it happens then you very much hit people that are not involved in the Roleplay which is again where the issue rises.

In short really I like the idea to bring us more to real life but we also have to remember this is Roleplay and speaking and interactions have to be part of the process. 

If this was changed then should we look over the way that our police do things to bring it more realistic? This would include and is not limited to sharp shooters at bank robbery's that will take shots (for me I dislike this as it kills the roleplay but is realistic) Police will look to never let you leave in a motor vehicle and will do almost anything to stop a vehicle pursuit as this is one of the most dangerous things that can be undertaken due to the risk of the public loss of life. (again takes away from some of the roleplay that we all do enjoy at times) there is many other things I can hear in my head and should this become a thing do we need to visit the fact that your character can live through anything because if you and another gang want to realistically shoot each other on sight then you should be willing to kiss that character good bye when they are shot with 60+ rounds because it would be realistic that they die. 

@Jamie I don’t think this has anything to do with cops lol, or any other role play situations in general. It’s strictly gang wars related. There is so many things we could do to make things realistic. Realistically speaking if I kill a cop with a PD AR I should be able to keep it, but that’s not allowed. I think there is a line between what promotes fun RP and boring RP. Getting back on topic, in this specific situation I think if both gangs agree to shoot on sight no interaction then so be it

@Fabio James It is nice to see that you missed 75% of the post but yes I agree it would be nice to be able to but Roleplay is about interactions and shooting people up with out such really does belong on Grand Theft Auto Online. Sadly at the minute the level of Roleplay across the whole server is on a low.

@Jamie 75% wasn’t about the actual topic. It’s about gang wars and how interaction should be handle in that situation, which we both agree with if you didn’t see. Dm me on discord if you feel different.

The title of the topic and the post at the top states what it is about Change to RDM rule and  this would be about the only part that does not talk some degree about the way that a change to a major rule within the server would be effected is this part the rest talks about the effects it could have on the other members of the server and not the Gang members but I forget that is all we are interested in.

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

If this was changed then should we look over the way that our police do things to bring it more realistic? This would include and is not limited to sharp shooters at bank robbery's that will take shots (for me I dislike this as it kills the roleplay but is realistic) Police will look to never let you leave in a motor vehicle and will do almost anything to stop a vehicle pursuit as this is one of the most dangerous things that can be undertaken due to the risk of the public loss of life. (again takes away from some of the roleplay that we all do enjoy at times)

I don't agree with this, Sometimes realism needs to be sacrificed for good rp and vice versa

• I Love it! 1

Just now, Adrian Andersson//Donnie D said:

I don't agree with this, Sometimes realism needs to be sacrificed for good rp and vice versa

100% agree with you on this.

• I Love it! 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.