Can we get crim characters to stop using cops as their punching bags?

1 minute ago, Daniel04 said:

I wouldnt just shoot a random cop, when at mrpd i ask for their badges and just deal with them after jaikl

Just so you’re aware; ooc salt is actually mentioned in the rules, if you haven’t read them yet, then here take a free link you might need it. Usarrp.net/rules/

with that out of the way. You are telling me that you’d shoot a cop for fucking up your roleplay? That sounds like you’re taking out ooc anger on somebody for getting an upper hand on you in character. I would suggest maybe instead of making a character who has a specific background do something wack just cause you’re mad that you lost ooc, you take a second to think about what you’re doing to real people. Now I’m going to leave this suggestion since it’s getting toxic. Cheers! :)

It’s an RP server set in America... isn’t Free speech one of the amendments?

Cops talk plenty of shit when they feel like it to civilians, it’s a two sided thing If cops stop being buddy buddy with everyone then the bad cop routine won’t get so much shit talking, cops being friends with every gangster in town has caused this problem, it’s like digging yourself a hole and complaining you’re in it. 

Pls win mentality is literally everyone mentality, criminals don’t want jailed time or the 9’s so cops keep getting stuff added to their arsenal because they complain, endless win cycle, why is this a suggestion

• I Like it! 1
  • I Love it! 1

It all comes down to a give and take scenario. Because at the end of the day, this is a game. It is something we all do for fun, something to unwind and de-stress. Seeing that it's a game, it's not a huge ask to just be respectful of your fellow player. Yes, it's criminals and cops but lets step away from hiding behind "RP" and all that BS that comes with that and just be a decent human being. It's not that hard of an ask. Both sides are allowed to have fun -period-. The majority of everyone is in agreeance that things go -WAY- too far when it comes to people talking to officers the way they do.

@Daniel04 - Stuff like that happens. All you can do is talk to their commander officer to get it fixed. Taking the matter into your own hands will do only one thing. Ensure that keeps happening and you being treated with next to no leniency. If you complain about this, and want it fix don't add to the fire. Be constructive not destructive. That would be my take on that. I've been on both sides and had RP squandered due to both. At the end of the day frustrations aside everything will reset and you can lean and grow from it on both sides.  

It sucks that there are a couple shitty officers and they ruin it for everyone. Honestly some of the officers hate there damn job and the rp shows it. And all honesty some dont even know there laws. Look how many times the cops have shot at a someone when they didnt even have guns out.  But honestly the same happens to gangs its not just police. If a crip goes out and shots a cop they take it out on all the crips. Same with bloods and who ever else i mean shit a blood goes out and robs a couple places gets caught with a ap gets locked up and there all getting raided slowly but surely. Its not going to change till you get more decent cops than fucked up cops. I personally try and stay away from the cops but there is 2 cops that are good people and know the laws and i dont argue with them or anything. 

• I Like it! 1

3 hours ago, Celia Twain said:

It sucks that there are a couple shitty officers and they ruin it for everyone. Honestly some of the officers hate there damn job and the rp shows it. And all honesty some dont even know there laws. Look how many times the cops have shot at a someone when they didnt even have guns out.  But honestly the same happens to gangs its not just police. If a crip goes out and shots a cop they take it out on all the crips. Same with bloods and who ever else i mean shit a blood goes out and robs a couple places gets caught with a ap gets locked up and there all getting raided slowly but surely. Its not going to change till you get more decent cops than fucked up cops. I personally try and stay away from the cops but there is 2 cops that are good people and know the laws and i dont argue with them or anything. 

I highly disagree with this statement for the most part. The thing I do agree with, is that there are some cops who literally just move for the win plain and simple. That has been an issue which has been vanishing over time and has been getting worked on. Half the issue is, is that when this happens no one ever reports it so it goes unnoticed and the salt remains. When it comes to raiding, you are just flat out wrong. There are laws and channels we have to follow in the city as well through judges. I have very decent interactions with gangs, then there are some that are just bloody horrendous just like gangs with cops. But there's a select few who have the mindset that they believe they can do whatever they want, say whatever they want and mask it behind "RP". 

And before someone looks at my tags and goes "Oh you're a cop ofc". I was deeply seeded within the Crips and saw the entire inner workings of Gang RPs and even shot officers on said gang member but it was done correctly. Next, I have Slavi who the majority of the server knows. I've seen both sides and from being on both sides Cops do deserve -WAY- more respect than they get. 

• I Like it! 1

I havent read all the replies, but if anything this week's IRL riots have shown us that when people get riled up they will verbally and physically abuse officers with no regard for them as a human being.  I actually think it is realistic RP for people to verbally abuse cops *IF IT FITS THEIR STORY*.  That being said, cops will be less inclined to reduce time for verbally abusive suspects IRL, so verbally abusive suspects should get the realistic RP of getting the longer sentences etc.  as that would realistically fit the cops RP.  A pissed off suspect IRL is most likely going to be quiet while in custody unless he isn't too smart, so it all depends on how they are RPing their character, if they want to act like an irate idiot while in custody, treat them the way an irate idiot would be treated, don't give them breaks because we are friends with their cop character or know them IRL from the community.  RP situations should make sense to each other. 

• I Like it! 1

Please @Niccorazi, do not bring the IRL issues into this conversation, I know that we are experiencing very difficult times, but that is not what is being discussed here. Most people RP to escape reality for a short period of time, or simply for fun. Not to be reminded of the worst possible parts of it. Just keep in mind this is a suggestion to better our treatment of the police as well as civs experiencing the same problems, it has NOTHING to do with the current world issues right now, as terrible as they may be. You must keep your mindset based off of what is happening in the server, and not in real life; and yes I know there's a lot of bad right now in the world, but that's not what this post is for.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Trevor Lahey said:

Please @Niccorazi, do not bring the IRL issues into this conversation, I know that we are experiencing very difficult times, but that is not what is being discussed here. Most people RP to escape reality for a short period of time, or simply for fun. Not to be reminded of the worst possible parts of it. Just keep in mind this is a suggestion to better our treatment of the police as well as civs experiencing the same problems, it has NOTHING to do with the current world issues right now, as terrible as they may be. You must keep your mindset based off of what is happening in the server, and not in real life; and yes I know there's a lot of bad right now in the world, but that's not what this post is for.

I mean I wasn't talking about the issues that are happening directly, I used them as an example.  You can disregard that example and replace it with any other example of when someone feel they were arrested, or treated unfairly by law enforcement, and it still applies.  That is also just the first sentence of my entire reply, I in no way brought up any of the issues that are happening right now IRL.  Your reply to me seems to completely miss the plot of my reply and mischaracterized everything I said like if I am trying to have a conversation about the IRL events which clearly that was not my intention. 

Edited by Niccorazi

I never had any thought of you trying to start a conversation about it, I would just prefer it if you would avoid using that as an example for this topic. @Niccorazi I do apologize if I came off the wrong way to you. However I agree with you on a lot of your points regarding the verbal abuse and what not of an irate angry criminal, it is realistic IF that's their character. Unfortunately a lot of the things I've witnessed were clearly not just their character being angry, because I heard the things they were angry about, and it generally has to do with OOC issues with how the situation went. That said, I am totally down for IC banter and arguments, it's just that sometimes it goes overboard, and that's when it leads to OOC problems between certain individuals. We must keep in mind that we're all people behind our characters, and sometimes just spouting off non-stop insults gets to some people, which leads to them not wanting to RP with one another, and nobody should ever need to feel that way. I do 100% understand where you're coming from though from a realism standpoint absolutely, but sometimes realism has to take a backseat for the betterment of RP within the community. 

• I Like it! 1

I am now going to close this topic it has brought about great points to both sides. The main point is remember that there is a real person just trying to enjoy Roleplay and you really are abusing that person know the limit and stop before passing it. 

• I Like it! 2