Can we get crim characters to stop using cops as their punching bags?

this is true ^^^ people just mouth off at cops for no apparent reason when the cops haven't even done anything for example... it's "RP" apparently?  

• I Like it! 1
  • I Love it! 1

Well said. Couldn't agree more. People hide behind "RP" just to verbally abuse Police Officers.

• I Love it! 2

If I’m being arrested and I think it’s bullshit or if it’s one of the three cops I don’t like then I’ll yell some obscenities if they disrespect my character, again we all play characters not online renditions of ourselves. I hope nothing I have said to anyone may have caused harm, it’s all ic.

3 minutes ago, GoddessNextDoor said:

It's honestly ridiculous how far someone will go to abuse their role as a civilian just to get at cops, especially OOC.  Even back when Reyka was LT in EMS, I can definitely say that her medic duty somehow led to her being shot/held hostage more than she ever would've been while on DOC/BCSO duty.  For the most part it was ALWAYS to get at the cops.  There was barely ever any justified reason... just to test cops and screw them over.  I've said it 10000 times and I'll say it again ---

THIS IS A VIDEO GAME.  We come here to ENJOY ourselves and meet new people, while creating stories/friendships with them... there should not be room being made for immature, petty, childish snake RP.

I Feel this 100 % im not a cop and have never been on the other side to know how it feels, but i see it happen 24/7

• I Like it! 1

i was in a spot like this when a  job went "bad"  and   pretty much all my partner did was just mouth off to the  cop. some parts were funny, but it to the point where i had to step in and say something like, "bro? do you understand that  the more you talk and etc the more you  incriminate yourself and possibly me? "like i think crims want to be the big bad guys ( picture the  majority the  outlaws from  Red Dead and  how they speak to the cops in the story) and  follow suit, the problem is, when they do it on the server, its  normally unrealistic and   i would never imagine a real criminal  saying what got said  only due to the fact  that  this will get them MORE TIME in jail.   like there was  a certain way he could have RP'd that to get my character  locked up for a LONG time.  but   cause he wanted to assert his dominance over the cops, that went out the door. since im a  Criminal justice  grad IRL. things like this just kills me 

idk if the cop got  annoyed,  but the way he  handled it was  near perfect. every thing he got insulted. he  pretty much sent back a witty but semi professional comeback.  

@Odreazy I think it's fun when cops and criminals can get some healthy back and forth banter with one another. My issue stems from when funny banter turns into an onslaught of abusive crap. All cops want to have fun and a lot of us do have fun when we can get some good back and forth banter, it just sucks when people take it to a whole other level of abuse.

• I Like it! 3

3 hours ago, Pölkadöt said:

@Odreazy I think it's fun when cops and criminals can get some healthy back and forth banter with one another. My issue stems from when funny banter turns into an onslaught of abusive crap. All cops want to have fun and a lot of us do have fun when we can get some good back and forth banter, it just sucks when people take it to a whole other level of abuse.

agreed. banter is fine. moreso if both people can do it correct. the problem is    when one person is too unstable to keep that level going for too long as you said, and then it just crosses over to ignorance and  stupidity 

Posted (edited)

I'm 100% guilty of this.  I can't stand some of the cops so instead of taking it out on just them I take it out on all the police.  My way of being "fair" doesn't make it right though. 

Edited by z3ned
  • That's sad! 1
  • That's funny! 1

+i fully agree with this. lets be more creative with prison rp and dont beat up the correctional deputy that’s brand new to the city and maybe talk to them or hangout in the gym area with everyone. violence isnt the only way to rp with cops!!

• I Like it! 2

Posted (edited)

its kinda disgusting the things i hear people saying to officers. and the its "RP" thing to some of the shit they say is a fucking lie i hear the OOC salty in your voice. chill the fuck out when youre caught. i get it sometimes the cops do some bullshit but its been getting a lot better. Crims need to return the favor.

Edited by Chewy Long
  • I Like it! 3
  • I Love it! 1

It’s nice to see some of these responses, especially @GoddessNextDoor’s response! As you said, it is only a game but I have cried IRL because of the abuse Gina often gets lol. I am pretty resilient when it comes to abuse but sometimes it gets wayyyyyyy too much! 

It’s difficult because nobody can change everyone but opening peoples eyes up to this will help... 

• I Love it! 2
  • That's sad! 2

Criminals treat us like crap then complain that its so boring when they go to jail. I mean you would have someone talk to you or interact with you if you weren't such a shitlord and beat up every correctional deputy that they see. Cops and corrections are just doing their job and want to develop their character but its not gonna happen if people act like its GTA online and RDM for no reason or verbally abuse everyone. As corrections your goal is to help prisoners and better them, but it also makes no sense to me when someone just gets out of jail and goes and robs a store immediately. No one plans any robberies and it really shows. yet they then take it out on us for having a win mentality when we arrest them even though they have a cop character they still act like this and should know OOC that you are just doing your job.

Cops who treat me with no respect get no respect and that's it. Most cops know me and know how to deal with me and im not gonna baby yall new cadets, definitely gonna make your job hard because if you aren't working hard, what are ya doin. But if yall gettin abused thats another story that should be dealt with differently. 

you don't have to baby any one or make their jobs easier but you don't have to be a dick all the time. Every character is different but people that bring their OOC salt to their character thats what we want to have stop. Just because you're pissed OOC doesnt mean you have to take it out on us. we have our jobs that we do and we do it to the best of our abilities. We love a bit of action  and definitely down for a bit of rp where your character is pissed but it doesn't need to be everytime you get arrested because you are a bad driver and couldn't get away. 

I agree with this post. Which is why I do my best to RP respectfully with the cops. Even as the leader of the Bloods, I rarely curse at the cops or give them shit, unless justified. To pass it off as 'RP' is kinda stupid, because a truly smart criminal knows not to press their luck against the police. I can't count how many times I've surrendered when the odds were against me or at the very least, laughed it off whenever I got busted. I constantly yell at my boys for being disrespectful little shits, hasn't gotten me far, but I try lol.  

• I Like it! 3
  • I Love it! 1

@Kian  It honestly makes me feel like shit knowing you've cried over the way people treated your cop character in this city.  If that doesn't open staffs eyes to being more strict and concise on enforcing rule 1 here, I don't know what will.  There's absolutely no reason as to why people should ever act like that here, this is not the place.

• I Love it! 3

Back when I was micheal Houston I got some heavy abuse for being young. I won’t lie, I don’t have a very deep voice. It’s very hard to be in a position of “power” in character when your 27 year old character sounds like he’s 14. Regardless, there were only ever two instances where I started feeling like it was too much.. those two instances are part of the reason I killed micheal. Nobody took him seriously I felt. I truly hope that eventually people open their eyes and realize while Yes this is all 100% in character, there are still souls and people behind the character. Each one with their own set of challenges. I feel like personally this is more of a community issue than a staff issue.

1 minute ago, Daniel04 said:

no ? why would we stop, theirs nothing against it, crims do not like cops because they be doing the most fucked shit, they tackle instant cuff, I dont know about you but ill punch you guys all I want, you technically have infinite bandages and tackle crims 24/7 as your only way to capture us, do something else and original then ill stop punching you guys lol

This feels like you aren’t actually reading most of the post

I feel as if maybe I shouldn't chime in on this due to the fact I haven't been around a ton of arrests lately, but I absolutely agree with @Pölkadöt and her position on this, I have only been a civ/crim since I've returned, and the majority of the time that I see an arrest, I see incidents in where I feel as if the police were being treated far too poorly for what they may or may not have done during the situations they were involved in. By no means should a player be so overly insulting and abusive of their fellow role players that it causes them to feel the need to avoid doing their job as an officer or avoid you and your "RP" if you want to call shouting endless insults at your fellow role players actual role play, and that goes for everyone regardless of whether or not they're a Civ, EMS, or an Officer of the law.

That said, please do remember our FIRST RULE for PLAYER AND STAFF RESPECT, and not just utterly insult and push players out of the server or hinder their role play based off of your OOC feelings that you were caught or wronged IC. I do agree that banter is completely acceptable, but when it devolves into just pure insults being shouted endlessly at the officers or anyone else for that matter, you enter grounds of clearly showing that it's not just your character and just your anger the vast majority of the time. I urge anyone that behaves this way to calm it down and actually banter in role play rather than just shout needless insults that promote little to no role play what so ever. 

I would also like to apologize to @Kian, if that's how things went for you, and in the future I would suggest asking them in the local OOC chat to calm it down due to the fact that it's actually becoming too extreme and upsetting for you. In no way should anyone here be forced into a situation that has become far too extreme for them to deal with, and everyone is within their right to let someone know that it has become too extreme for them. If they do not tone it down after being asked, they will be toned down.

• I Love it! 1

Then take it out with the specific officer who did it to you specifically in a non toxic way. It seems like a pretty simple concept to me

I would highly suggest you have more respect in your responses here @Daniel04, or I will lock this topic as well as have words with you.