Jimmy John

Mayor Elections and Being Mayor of San Andreas

Because San Andreas is a state, it'd be Governor - if this idea was incorporated and went smoothly, it could see the possibility of a mayor in the future for cities such as Paleto Bay, Los Santos, Grapeseed, etc.

• I Like it! 2

*bump*

Would love to see how RP would play out with security and crims trying to kidnap the mayor, would be fun

Also would be nice to elect police chief. Different chiefs would have different agendas and it would be interesting to see how things would pan out. Plus it gives different people the ability to become police chief.

I mean, IRL, sheriff's are elected. The Commissioner of the State Police is usually at the command of the executive branch (or in the server's case, the Director of Emergency Services i.e. Mini). So it would be interesting to elect a sheriff.

• I Like it! 1

Found this on google

"The highest chief is called the chief of department, and is appointed by (and reports to) the police commissioner. Each city determines whether their police commissioner will be elected or appointed; the NYC police commissioner is appointed by the mayor."

Basically if we are going to vote for a Sheriff we should also vote for a commissioner.  Personally I don't believe we should be voting for these positions though, it would cause so many issues if Sheriffs and Commissioners are constantly changing things depending on who is in and confuse a lot of people.

Okay, but the NYPD is a city department. The SASP is a state level law enforcement agency. The commissioner of the SASP (which in many places is called the Colonel of the State Police) is appointed by the governor. Continuously changing the command structure of the PD would cause it to go to Hell in a ham basket. Mini, as the Director of Emergency Services appoints leaders of law enforcement.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.