Stricter Realism =/= Less Shitlord

I thought about this while reading other suggestions but at the end of the day, it’s still up to players to hold this idea to their advantage. 

I feel like people should NOT be able to get robbed as often as they do while on GoPostal jobs, mechanic duty, etc.  It obviously screams “new player” which gives people the green light to rob/hold hostage. Then we sit here and wonder why we never have mechanics on duty.... while running back to the closest police station 2 miles away for a new vehicle.  It’s almost like WE are the confused ones when the answer is plain and simple.. I wouldn’t wanna do that job either knowing I would be an instant target. 

Didn’t think the was allowed anyways but I’ve seen it too much recently so I’ll say it... stop having mass shoot outs at spawn areas.  We should have places like in/outside Pillbox / legion scripted so you cannot take out anything from the weapon wheel. Not sure why I see the most shootings happen here, and people getting spawn killed. 

• I Like it! 3

I agree. I think the real issue is simply that it’s a public server. You get people joining in who maybe havnt played any rp servers before or just people joining to be a shitlord. Especially with gta being free we have gotten a lot more shitlords.

The majority of issues that we see as staff is not new players it’s lazy players who don’t want to go and upset someone else by picking them up so they target the guy on his own. It’s shitty let’s target the guy we need when we wreck our cars but hey what would I know other than how to Roleplay a story. 

• I Like it! 4

People should stop worrying about upsetting people ooc. Everything we do here is in character so why does someone’s ooc feelings matter? Unless they ask you to stop cause they’re uncomfortable with the rp you’re giving them, nothing should be ooc. If you ask me, people should invest more I’m playing a CHARACTER. Not an online rendition of themselves.

• I Like it! 2

People need to learn how to get in character, and do what their character would do.  People seem to treat this server like GTA Online with some rules, when roleplay should be character development and doing jobs or actions that fit your character.  This means if you are gang member, you shouldn't all of a sudden go fishing because the money is good, it shows you care about your digital bank account more than your character development.  If you roleplay a gang member, you should be working on your drug trade, weapons trade, cars, heists etc, not dropping everything to go fishing or hunting then only rob stores for "fun" and "for a chase", it should be part of your story.  If you are driving a supercar, you shouldn't be knocking over a 24/7 for $1,000, it doesn't fit your story, you are already rich, do big crimes that fit your character. 

When I was with Abu, Karl, and Ryan, we wanted chains, we went into the jewelry store and we RP'd out that the chains we wanted were like $80k etc, and we weren't about to buy them, we didn't have that kind of cash.  So instead we RP'd to rob the jewelry store.  While in the chase we went through the hills of Vinewood and threw the chains out of the window into some bushes using /me throws chains /me throws watches etc.  We then led the police on a chase all the way up the mountains in our off road van, eventually getting caught.  After we got out, we went and retrieved the chains, then went to the clothing store to equip them.  We could have easily just bought chains and put them on for $70 from the clothing store, but instead we RP'd out actually stealing super expensive chains, now our chains are tied to this awesome story of a heist. 

Point is, we should have purpose behind what we are doing, not doing things because we are "bored".  Saying you want to rob a store because you "want a chase" etc just shows you are bored and want to play cops and robbers, that is not RP imo. 

As far as ripping off Go Postal and Tow Truck jobs, if you have a license and pass a background check of not being a criminal, your checks should go straight to your bank.  If you are a criminal and dont have a license, you can do the job, but you get paid cash, and you risk getting robbed.  New people can still get robbed this way, but they wont lose any money, because they have direct deposit, criminals who would realistically need to get paid under the table run the risk of getting pulled over without a license, getting a strike with the tow company etc, or getting robbed. 

• I Love it! 3

Getting robbed on the Job is fairplay  IMHO.  the one thing i  want cut down that  started  (or got hot) as of late are the people who camp spawns and  then  try to "rob you"  or  take you hostage. then get mad when you dont comply fast enough or what not.  like can i at least  fully spawn in before  hearing  something stupid in my ear.  like  my boy   only been on for a combined  3 -4 hours and   within seconds of spawning last night  he was pressed and they tried to  rob him at the square.  i told him report that next time it happens. but  i find that its  happening alot more now.  to the point where i now i only spawn near my  apartment. and i told him to find one ASAP.

the people who camp spawn for  their own greedy  purposes  are  honestly  just doing  Lazy RP or not doing it at all.  like you are going to do something  like that, at least be creative.  this is whats missing from alot of these  offenders. 

I think with the robbing of new people and just non stop robberies of people trying to roleplay or do legal jobs comes to it being cracked down on as Staff. It also comes down the the maturity of peoples roleplay and knowing whats the right and wrong thing to do. I think this comes from more inexperienced roleplayers as well or people who really just don't care about whats the more right thing to do lol Theres people who have been RPing here for a couple years now and still constantly break rules and make dumb decisions they know they shouldn't be doing. Sometimes the more experienced are the problem, and the only way something can be done is if they are spoken to by Staff. 

• I Love it! 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.