Posted (edited)

I been saying this for a while, there should be an "area" where the crime happened, not an exact GPS location.  When I first started on this server my homie pulled a knife behind some houses and if the cops only had an "area" to check, we would have gotten away, but because they had the exact GPS pinpoint they drove straight down the street and behind the house then searched us.  For medical pings or 911 they can be exact GPS because the person is willing putting their ping out there, but a local calling in a crime should only be the general area.

Edited by Niccorazi

Couldn't agree more, like pulling a knife in the downstairs hallway of my house, or in the kitchen cops come to the house and say there was reports of a knife.  Like..  Yes there are knives in this house, why are you coming to my house anytime I decide to cut some food?  Who's making these knife calls anyway?  

• I Like it! 1

I love this idea and think it could be a good thing. The issue is the cops not the game mechanics, ultimately it’s in their hands to RP it out or not.

• I Like it! 2

This is an amazing idea, it will also allow more and better RP for the cops and the criminals.

• I Like it! 4

This is a great idea, fully support. 👍

• I Like it! 1

i honestly like this idea as well, its a bit more realistic and it can allow cops to actually roam an area and if they see any suspects they can move forward and rp out the situation. dont make it a huge radius where it gives crims more of an advantage but maybe like a couple of blocks away in all directions from the center of red zone. 

9 minutes ago, KrownedGuardian said:

i honestly like this idea as well, its a bit more realistic and it can allow cops to actually roam an area and if they see any suspects they can move forward and rp out the situation. dont make it a huge radius where it gives crims more of an advantage but maybe like a couple of blocks away in all directions from the center of red zone. 

honestly like not even have the call come from the center, just have the call somewhere inside the circle that way the cops responding cant just go to the center and be like "you."

• I Like it! 2

1 hour ago, Raven said:

honestly like not even have the call come from the center, just have the call somewhere inside the circle that way the cops responding cant just go to the center and be like "you."

exact;y

Not to say this isn’t a good idea (because it is,) but just so more people are aware ~ Almost each large, populated city in the US has this system place where things like gunshots are automatically detected, and the coordinates of the exact shot are filtered + sent to dispatchers/cops via terminal.  Things came to this conclusion due to the fact of people not wanting to call 911, or for lack of better words, “snitch.”

I can confirm it’s a damn good system since I live in a large city with many dangerous gangs, and this system has personally saved my life and others i know, on its own account.  Just didn’t want people to think the current script is “unrealistic” or “powergaming” because it’s really not.  The bigger issues are people wanting to circle/tread/return to the exact area of a scene they created after fleeing... and selling themselves out.

Either way with the correct mechanics done to enhance the rp equally on both sides, this could be a dope ass idea 

• I Like it! 2

18 hours ago, GoddessNextDoor said:

Not to say this isn’t a good idea (because it is,) but just so more people are aware ~ Almost each large, populated city in the US has this system place where things like gunshots are automatically detected, and the coordinates of the exact shot are filtered + sent to dispatchers/cops via terminal.  Things came to this conclusion due to the fact of people not wanting to call 911, or for lack of better words, “snitch.”

I can confirm it’s a damn good system since I live in a large city with many dangerous gangs, and this system has personally saved my life and others i know, on its own account.  Just didn’t want people to think the current script is “unrealistic” or “powergaming” because it’s really not.  The bigger issues are people wanting to circle/tread/return to the exact area of a scene they created after fleeing... and selling themselves out.

Either way with the correct mechanics done to enhance the rp equally on both sides, this could be a dope ass idea 

Holy smokes, had no idea this was actually a thing IRL, it makes so much sense though after watching the video!  They even get info on the type of gun being fired (auto/semi/etc)

Yeah man it’s crazy but it’s a real thing.  For anyone who wasn’t aware, just know I only commented to inform. 

• I Like it! 1

5 minutes ago, GoddessNextDoor said:

Yeah man it’s crazy but it’s a real thing.  For anyone who wasn’t aware, just know I only commented to inform. 

tbh didnt know it was a thing either. i take back what i said about the whole realism thing. good info, and i appreciate the video to see how it works too

That was all Nicc with the vid lol but ofc no problem. It’s in depth as hell but overall it’s meant to be that way to get the most answers out of a situation you’re en route to which as a cop.. you never really know what you’re rolling up on

I didn't even know it existed until Goddess mentioned it :D Makes sense though after watching it, they use bats to triangulate.

• I Like it! 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.