Jay Davis

Soft Whitelist?

Okay, so we all know that Fivem comes with its own issues of crashing, getting Dc'd, etc. We also know that come Noon everyday the server stays in a que.. all day long. I think if possible, we should have a system where say I get DC'd, or crash, when i rejoin, i jump back to the head of the que as if i was whitelisted. But only temporarily, say 4 or 5 minutes. So this would only be beneficial to those who crash, and want to continue playing. This idea came to me as when the server restarted today and i waited an hour to join, (joined at 6:20ish, immediately after restart) connected, then got the "Awaiting Scripts"  loop. Of course there is nothing you can do but restart fivem (maybe clear cache) and reconnect. But at this point, you are now 40th in que. And before anyone throws in the "just apply for whitelist" answers, I did but it is well known that these apps are taking upwards of 30 days to process. Maybe this idea could be tweaked a bit where its fair for everyone!

• I Like it! 1

I dont necessarily see this becoming a thing. It would mean once the server is full and this activates, whenever somebody legitimately leaves the next person would have to wait 5 minutes to join, which lets say that theres 7 or 8 people all playing together, first one logs out, that's 5 minutes for the first person in queue to wait, then two of them log at the same time, that's 10 minutes for the second person in queue to join, then the other 3 log out, that's another 15 minutes, that sort of stuff happens a lot where people legitimately log out in mass. In my honest opinion it would bring more people complaining about the "queue not moving when theres free spots"

Not to mention the fact that this means people would also have a longer queue time.

We all had to wait in queue at some point or another, it's just a matter of proving that you can provide the server with good rp so you can join quicker :)

1 minute ago, Moo Dustin said:

I mean they might be able to do that since in logs it says if your game has crashed or not

I dont believe their logs say whether it was a game crash or not, I believe it's just connection lost (internet going out) or disconnected

I think that you might have misunderstood the solution. It wasnt to reserve a specific spot, but to jump the que. the joining of the server would be exactly the same as if a whitelisted person connected to the server. It would just jump the que, because it sees a very recent disconnect. The system doesnt need to know the reason of the disconnect or the crash, just knows that it sees this person left and is rejoining. Another scenario could be that (which happens often) that if you are in the server for a few hours, your graphics start to blur or mess up and need to restart the game. 

40 minutes ago, Jay Davis said:

Another scenario could be that (which happens often) that if you are in the server for a few hours, your graphics start to blur or mess up and need to restart the game. 

i think thats just you because ive personally done 15 hour streams on the server 100% of the time (excluding restart of course) and ive never seen that

But yes, I did misunderstand the original post, I do believe that there should be something, but I'm unsure of what, maybe if you're unwhitelisted you get half-whitelist which would just put you in front of unwhitelisted people but not in the front of the whole queue, whitelisted people get half-outstanding but i dont think that we should allow somebody fully unwhitelisted to jump before people who for a lack of better terms we know can bring good RP, as we can't confirm that John Doe over there can bring as good RP as somebody who has worked hard for that position in whitelist. There are certain cases where somebody who is unwhitelisted can bring that level of RP however we can't just know that right off the bat lol

Sorry if this is hard to follow I have a major headache rn

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.