It would be game changer for sure, RP would be awesome with radios. 

PLEASE listen to the people it would bring great RP better planning for heist eliminate alien communication 

• I Like it! 1

I for one am agreeing with you on this @MikeyGstrang 100% it will eliminate a lot of current meta gaming / 3rd party comms cause we all know that SOME idiots do this.

I also believe this will make RP more interesting and even more so organised with the gangs and all the bullshit and crappy RP would hopefully stop and improve dramatically.

I'll wait for further comments from staff and mini but rest assured, I 100% back this suggestion :)

• I Like it! 2
  • I Love it! 1

Guest Stazie

We need these implemented ASAP especially with all the bank & jewelry heist add ons i believe it would be a really beneficial aspect to the rp for cops & robbers as a whole !

Not only is it a good idea, it is so colourful... freekin love it 

• I Like it! 1
  • I Love it! 2

Guest 3mma

I back this too, personally I think it will increase the amount of rp it could bring to criminals during robberies or just crime in general 

If you really want it added you have to convince mini to add it. This idea has been floating around for a long time now. There have been many other suggestions made about it too. This isnt the first time so if you really want it I'd say dm him with pros of having it. He has is speculations and thoughts of how it may be used which motivates him to not want to add it. As much as gory may agree in the end its minis final say. So your best bet would be to convince him of why its a great idea.

For me personally great idea but they need to be limited in distance to maybe like 1 mile or something like that so that it doesn’t make the phone that mini has just spent him time getting to work become no longer used. 

• I Like it! 1

Posted (edited)

@Jamie I don’t think that people would stop using their phones if radios were added because if you had a radio you wouldn’t share that frequency with just anyone, because you wouldn’t want others to hear in on your conversations. The phone still would be used for texting, tweeting, and calling anyone who’s not on your frequency. Even from watching no pixel I still see them actively use their phones everyday even with radios. 

Edited by Brice Powell
  • I Like it! 1

limiting radio's to 1 mile is a little crazy tbh. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, because the frequencies travel through existing towers. (that the city would already have up along with the county) I agree with Brice, people would still use their phones for calling, texting and twitter. Overall I think this would be a great addition and I think that the price of them should be a little high. I think that would limit the amount of people that would use them.

Posted (edited)

@Carter this isnt true. 2 way radios, either VHF or UHF dont use towers. If anything, they could use a local repeater, but even that doesnt add much range. VHF radios do have a much larger range, which is why police/fire and boats use it. Short range UHF radios dont even have a 1 mile radius, mainly due to the buildings. UHF frequency doesnt penetrate surfaces very well such as concrete and steel. The radios that police and ems use via Teamspeak would be equivalent to the VHF radios. That means as civs, they truthfully would only be willing to give us the UHF frequencies to use, which means very short range. (realistically, a block, maybe two apart)

Edited by Meric

1mile in the city takes you from about Legion to Burger Shot so its not the smallest of distances and it still adds into more that you have to be close and can't just go for a full on all over the map talk. I believe Mini may be looking to add Group calls which would cover that part.

• I Like it! 2

4 hours ago, Tabitha Knox said:

I got a 15-20 yr old walkie talkie that can access a few dozen channels and support easily dozens of people on the same channel that can reach like 10-15 miles..    What year is our server set in?  Kappa

Then again, back to what @MikeyGstrang said, "But at the end of the day this is a video game. It's all about FAIRNESS and FUN"

yea even those cheap radios from Walmart have a few miles radius