NivedTV

People abusing the tackling script to powergame

If no one has notice a lot of the people use the tackling method to get people on the ground pull out their gun or Other weapons to down them before they can get on their feet knowing they get up first just to make sure they win the fight/shooting. My idea is to make both people get up at the same if not reduce the time you lay on the ground after a tackle. I see a lot of people do it and it breaks 2 major rules fail rp and power gaming. This is just my own opinion if people start to get salty and nasty on this thread I will just delete it so let try and keep it civil. 

• I Like it! 1
  • That's funny! 1

I agree with you 100%, it’s not a one sided issue either, I’ve been seeing police do it, most of the gangs do it. It’s just not okay

• I Like it! 2

another problem ive seen is people glitching the tackle system so even tho they get tackled they get up faster/just as fast as the person who tackled them and i think this would fix that issue 

• I Love it! 1

tackling just to good tackle + p2w run is OP and most cops do it as soon as u get tackled your cuffed half the time and it just ruins rp when your in a chase make it so tackling doesnt knock you down for so long and the person who tackles is down longer then the person getting tackeld or else we just get cuffed

This is a hard topic to talk on as most of the time when you tackle someone people see different things on there screens, yes I see where you are coming from with the tackler getting up faster but due to the nature of the tackle scriptbut that's how it is. If someone tackles you and then runs away it would be fine but if someone tackles you just so they can pull out their gun and most likely shoot you that could come under powergaming as they are abusing the tackle script (a game mechanic) to get an advantage on the person getting tackled and if that happens just report it either by doing /help or /report ingame and staff will investigate it more or just tell you to take it to the forums as they will be rping themselves.

As I am a cop myself the cuff while after being tackled is really what the cop feels like, if you are being a shit lord the cops are obviously gonna "quick cuff" you. But if you are having a little fun chase and what I've been doing a lot lately is waiting for the person to get up and give up and hold them at gun/tazer point and then cuff them and it would have to be up to command staff / staff  to start enforcing more of this type of behavour by cops. 

• I Love it! 3

See @z3ned that is a perfect example of how to use the tackling thing and I’m not trying to say it’s just crips that do it cause I’ve seen crew do it bloods do it hell even back in the day I did it acouple of times. And I agree with you @Endless if someone is being a shit lord quick cuff them cause they obivsley arnt trying to deliver good rp. 

@novafusion61 the flaw regarding getting up quicker when you're the one who has been tackle has already been patched a few months back.

had this happen to me the other day and i was like what the hell?   people want to win the  situation at hand rather than actually RP

• That's sad! 1

I’ve had it happen to me so many time I can’t doubt on 2 hands and 2 feet 

Just because a police officer feels you are being shitlord doesn't give him the right to power game.  Someone breaking rules doesn't allow for more rule breaks. When in doubt rp it out, not powergame it out. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.