Required That Emergency Service Responds To You Through Dispatch

Not much to say about this, would just be nice if emergency services would let you know something. The dispatch system is there for a reason.

I know for EMS, they should dispatch you when they are coming as that's something they are told to do in training, and I would assume the same for the SASP and BCSO.

• I Like it! 1

Officers are usually busy on another call and due to how much crime is happening your call becomes a low priority. Which is why we cant dispatch to every call. I would say blame the people committing crimes that require high action or response from officers or ems which take way from lower priority calls.

21 minutes ago, Conrad Doge said:

Officers are usually busy on another call and due to how much crime is happening your call becomes a low priority. Which is why we cant dispatch to every call. I would say blame the people committing crimes that require high action or response from officers or ems which take way from lower priority calls.

Couldn't you dispatch a response of 'busy'? Or would that take too long?

I've tried "busy" before and people still complain. Usually you have to say officers are busy on other calls due to a high volume. But even then people get upset because they feel that the call they made is the most important. Just a hard thing to fix. Not being negative about it just stating my experience.

Posted (edited)

EMS usually dispatches to you that they're on their way. It's usually 'ems is enroute' or 'ems is currently busy but we'll get to you as fast as we can'. 

That being said, when things get crazy, it gets crazy. Sometimes we don't even have the numbers to keep up with the crazy. 

If you've waited 10 minutes, I suggest calling 911 again, it's possible your call got lost.

Edited by Buggy
added extra information

Understand what you are asking for but at the point you are stood on the front door of a bank robbery or driving across the city to get to a shooting or another medical call you are assisting on or even already tied up in a chase where your concentration needs to be on the road and surroundings it would be extremely difficult to even stop and type /dispatch ID we are busy sorry. As some one drives off into the sunset or comes out a bank door and shoots officers as you were trying to be nice. 

Sadly these are just cold hard truths. If people were not so quick to gun each other down or fuck around punching each other more officers and EMS would be free more of the time to pick up the calls that are missed through attending the ones that maybe never should have happened. 

I am getting frustrated with cops driving over my body because they're in a chase over a 211, in my opinion a body on the road might be more important unless the 211 poses a bigger threat, happens to me atleast once a day.

Usually if an officer hits someone they would break off to correct the mistake they have made. In a chase we usually dont see someone who is running across a street in a zone that isnt designed for walking. We usually find that people that get hit are either J walking or have a spider and we cant see you. Its unavoidable sometimes if we physically cant see you before we hit you. But if that isnt the case cops should be stopping to help you it's in our training and if that's not happening please contact the respective department to file a complaint. 

Think he might be talking about when someone is laying on the ground already in which case a lot of the time when we arrive to something we struggle yo find people also and have to drag to find you this is sadly a sync issue sometimes so it won’t be that they are doing it and knowing you are there. But as above please feel free to file a HR complaint. 

I  get a weird EMS yesterday  he didn't talk to me or anything he impounded my car and then brought me to pillbox and left me at the door and took off in a helicopter some other person lifted me to the Checkout thing me and the other person where  like  wat the hell

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.